Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took the headrests out because we had to use them to carry visitors around town. When it was time to put these back, I found that the storage compartment wouldn't open, despite repeated attempts to "push" and "pull" on the latch. We had to force it open, and off came the plastic squares that cover the hooks on the bottom of the rear door plastic panel. We'll have it fixed when we bring it to the dealer for the 7k servicing, along with a loose plastic panel on the bottom of the driver seat. One of those annoying "cheap" parts?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
storage compartment update

Went to the dealer for the 7500 mile "service." Despite showing a photo of the offending part, the service manager had to call me because the "mechanics" did not know what I meant by rear "headrest" storage area :confused:. When I came in two "mechanics" where pulling on the 2ND ROW SEATS. I pointed out the problem part. THEY STILL DID NOT KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE LATCH, even though it does say "Push!" , before pulling on anything. After showing them that this is the stuck part, they proceeded to force it open, after which the rear door bottom plastic panel became undone too. Oh, well... The service manager says the "part is in on order" and "it shouldn't take long to install it." I'm not holding my breath ... Photo attached for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
"The highly trained Honda mechanic prepares to open ipomoea's stuck compartment."

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tim.s said:
"The highly trained Honda mechanic prepares to open ipomoea's stuck compartment."
The sad part of it was that two service personnel were involved.

I

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this same problem with the storage compartment. Can you keep us informed of how it goes once they fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rbarandas said:
I've had this same problem with the storage compartment. Can you keep us informed of how it goes once they fix it? Thanks.
Sure. If we don't hear from the dealership within a week, we will definitely give them a ring. If we are given the runaround, we will call Honda next. I'm glad y'all shared the information -- this suggests that this may not be an isolated case, although Honda might consider 2 reports out of 4,000 plus members within "a margin of error."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts