Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but a friend of mine just bought a SS EX-L and while driving home from picking it up and noticed a rubbing sound. It is like 2 pieces of plastic rubbing together coming from the rear. He went on a mission looking for the sound and found that when he pushed down on the rear spoiler right above the 3rd brake light that he heard the sound.

I went over to check out his new Pilot over the weekend and suggested that we tighten the nuts (10 mm), they were only slightly tighter then hand tight. We tightened them down and the noise went away.

Now I do not have the noise on mine, but I checked the nuts and they were hand tight, so I tightened mine as well. I am not sure on the torque rating for those, but I did not tighten them too much since it is just a plastic spoiler.

I did a search on this but did not see anything, so I thought I would post this. If there already is something out there, then sorry for the second post.

Chris

·
Registered
920 Posts
Can you post a pic of what you tightened???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I can do that tomorrow, my router at home died, so I will have to do it from work.

But if you open up the rear hatch and look up at the top you will see 2 black nuts, one on the left and one on the right that are 10 mm those are the end nuts. If you then look right in the center you will see a black plastic cover that is about the size of a quart. You need to take that off (don't scratch the paint) and then use a 10 mm deep socket to tighten that one up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts