Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sharing this part as a word of caution, part to see if this has happened to anyone else, and part to see what other innovative solutions people might have come up with.

I recently installed new shocks and struts on the front and rear of my 2007 Honda Pilot. After doing so I noticed an annoying rattle coming from the rear over the smallest of bumps. After some detective work, pulling off the rear shock (again) and driving it around, I found that there was considerable free play between the rear shock upper bushing and the castle bolt. The shocks I bought said they are compatible with my year's pilot, but there is no way there should be this much play in my eyes. I've looked for a small sleeve to fit in between the existing bushing sleeve and the bolt to no avail. Now I'm looking at returning the shocks and seeing if a different set comes with less free play.

Any thoughts to this? Did the auto part store doop me with the wrong fit? Any sleeves out there that take up the slack?

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,632 Posts
Perhaps you could use a piece of heat shrink tubing to fill the void.

Also someone posted a couple days ago about some suspension difference between LX/EX vs EX-L. Perhaps that is the cause of the incompatibility.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
the rears should be a direct fit with no play you are correct on the assumption i would supsect the parts guy was more interested in his phone when he gave you the parts.

never had any issues with rockauto parts..always been accurate with fitment. May want to try them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts