Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced a rear bushing on Big Red about a year or so ago last summer/autumn. Everything seemed fine after that (turned out to be the tires, not the bushing ;-;) but now I've gotten a rattle in the back. Well turns out the previously failing shock finally hit fuck it and had failed completely. But it also seems that the upper bolt holding onto the thing is rattling like made now. I'm also very concerned that the nut on the back of the fork assembly is not actually a bolt. But a welded on threaded bolt that's not supposed to be removed and is welded to the back of the forks. Can anyone confirm this? If it is supposed to be welded can anyone provide suitable threading/size for the nut, and preferably a part number for the bolt as well? Rattle is driving me nuts and so is the shake front he shock.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
If your referring to the upper rear shock mount the bolt is removable and the nut is welded on. If the weld nut has broken off you can still get a wrench up there to hold it while tightening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your referring to the upper rear shock mount the bolt is removable and the nut is welded on. If the weld nut has broken off you can still get a wrench up there to hold it while tightening.
It's not wanting to tighten down enough to get a good grip. I'm a machinist and a welder by trade. So if I can get the thread/but type I can fabricate everything up to the forks holding it on. Do you have a part number for the bolt? I can't find one anywhere.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
It's not wanting to tighten down enough to get a good grip. I'm a machinist and a welder by trade. So if I can get the thread/but type I can fabricate everything up to the forks holding it on. Do you have a part number for the bolt? I can't find one anywhere.
This FSM pic is for the 2006-2008 Pilot. Is it possible you may be referring to a different year Pilot?
Motor vehicle Font Parallel Engineering Drawing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This FSM pic is for the 2006-2008 Pilot. Is it possible you may be referring to a different year Pilot? View attachment 148342
Big b
For 2009-2011 the upper rear shock looks like the nuts are removed. View attachment 148343
Mines an 05 but the image that aggrex sent looks extremely familiar. Could be likely it might be the same bolt. But I need to find a hardware store that sells metric.
But I don't think either image looks like completely like mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts