Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced a rear bushing on Big Red about a year or so ago last summer/autumn. Everything seemed fine after that (turned out to be the tires, not the bushing ;-;. ) but now I've gotten a rattle in the back. Well turns out the previously failing shock finally hit fuck it and had failed completely. But it also seems that the upper bolt holding onto the thing is rattling like made now. I'm also very concerned that the nut on the back of the fork assembly is not actually a bolt. But a welded on threaded bolt that's not supposed to be removed and is welded to the back of the forks. Can anyone confirm this? If it is supposed to be welded can anyone provide suitable threading/size for the nut, and preferably a part number for the bolt as well? Rattle is driving me nuts and so is the shake from the shock.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
567 Posts
Sounds like the bushing in the top of the shock is loose. The top of the shock is held by a flange bolt and nut.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
But a welded on threaded bolt that's not supposed to be removed and is welded to the back of the forks. Can anyone confirm this? If it is supposed to be welded can anyone provide suitable threading/size for the nut, and preferably a part number for the bolt as well
Welded nut
Rectangle Font Parallel Brand Circle
Font Parallel Drawing Rectangle Diagram

·
Registered
139 Posts
Replaced my rear shocks today. The top bolt on both sides were rusted so took a lot of loosen then back out, spray, rinse repeat.
The first side I broke the welds on the nut and freaked at first thinking I snapped the bolt :p.
I didn't check thread count but a 20mm box end worked well to get it off and torque later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts