Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:awais: Question to all fellow Piloteers (at least for those driving in salty areas)... I was surprised to notice that all Pilots come with the infamous Honda rubber trim surrounding the edge of the rear wheel wells. Yup those rubber "edge protectors" that seem to cause more damage than good, IMHO. Case being, on my 1990 Accord, the rubber seem to have trapped salt, water, sand, and road grime accelerating rust of the rear wheel well area, and I've noticed the same with other northern climate Accords over the years. :28: On the other hand, similar aged cars such as the Nissan Maxima were always fine and stayed rust free without the rubber. Even current Accords, Civics, etc. do without the rubber pieces.

Would any of you advise in removing the rubber trim pieces from the Pilot? They don't seem to be tightly or permanently glued on to the wheel well area. I also don't think they serve much purpose except being a cause for rust in the long run (7 ~ 10 years from now). What do you guys think? :8:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Here is a diagram that shows the "protector" in question (part #3). I don't see any fasteners, so there's a good chance that it's just a friction fit into a channel.

Chris

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts