Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Honda dealers sells a rear mirror which fits on the upper right rear corner (from outisde) it could replace the backup sesnors. They claim it's from OEM, anyone heard of any OEM stuff like that?

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The mirror u are reffering to sticks on the left and right however the one I am reffering 2 si mounted on the rear (upper corner of the tail gate).

Thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think he said outside.

The JC one is a lense and fits inside.
He probably is talking about a mirror like those hang on the tail of a big van. Hope honda made them MUCH MUCH MUCH better looking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: I think he said outside.

timchen said:
The JC one is a lense and fits inside.
He probably is talking about a mirror like those hang on the tail of a big van. Hope honda made them MUCH MUCH MUCH better looking.
I don't believe any one can make those funny looking commerical convex mirror look nice! :)

In fact, I was thinking about buying one of those wide angle len until I saw the
after market talking backup sensor.

Tat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It installs outside. very much like the one they install on vans. I was at the local dealer the other day and saw a pic of it. I will try to swing over this weakend and maybe try to see the real thing (not the pic). I hope Honda made a nice small one unlike what we see on vans.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are you sure ?

Is that picture for the CR-V ?
They do have the external rear mirror at the top of tailgate for the last generation/model CR-V, not even for the lastest model CR-V.

And Honda do not have that mirror for Pilot, I asked when I bought my Pilot last year.

Double check it is for Piolt, from Honda, and let us know please.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
ask fo rthe honda part number...if it OEM it will have a part number

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Yall

Sorry for the late reply (just in case anyone is still waiting out there)
The rear view mirror fits the CRV. The dealer imported it from the UK. It looks to small for the Pilot.

Cheers:rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have one of those lenses on my rear window. I think it works pretty well once you get used to it. Not as sexy as reverse sensors, but a whole lot cheaper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Backup Assist Mirror

Finally I found this mirror from JCWhitney.
It's called 'Backup Assist Mirror', and it's quite popular in Asia (Japan, South Korea, etc) and Europe for SUV or mini vans.
I remember one member mentioned that he saw almost every suv/minivans had this kind of mirror on tail window when he vistited south korea long time ago.

Does anyone have heard about this?

How do you think if it goes to Pilot's tail window?

Here's link to JCWhitney;

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000348090/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000348090/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000348090

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Re: Backup Assist Mirror

Pilot21 said:
Finally I found this mirror from JCWhitney.
It's called 'Backup Assist Mirror', and it's quite popular in Asia (Japan, South Korea, etc) and Europe for SUV or mini vans.
I remember one member mentioned that he saw almost every suv/minivans had this kind of mirror on tail window when he vistited south korea long time ago.

Does anyone have heard about this?

How do you think if it goes to Pilot's tail window?

Here's link to JCWhitney;

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000348090/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000348090/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000348090
Pilot21, Did you buy it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Re: Backup Assist Mirror

il38694 said:

Pilot21, Did you buy it?
Not yet,
I had a difficulty when processing 'check-out' at JCW's web.
I guess it's because I'm in Canada.

Trying to find a way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts