Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife managed to back into a shopping cart that rolled behind our 2004 in a parking lot AFTER she had loaded the groceries in the back.

The way the cart was angled, it only damaged one part of the car -- the rear passengers side reverse light cover (right side of the license plate), which is cracked and missing a chunk of clear plastic right in the middle.

Called a junk yard or two and no one has any Pilots. Emailed my local dealer this morning and haven't gotten a response yet, and I'm impatient.

Just hoping someone can tell me the part number (from the shop manual) and perhaps a place to get this part online, or at least get a price online.

Thanks guys.
Wayne

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already emailed HandA, PartsAmerica, and others but they didn't have anything.

I will check with Tim...

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Majestic Honda lists all the parts and prices. It's item 007 in the illustration, $38 plus shipping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link Jay. That's just what I was looking for!

I think I'll have to look into those reverse sensors to avoid this in the future... Don't suppose those sensors work for things like shopping carts, which are not solid objects like a child, another car, a pole etc?

·
Registered
187 Posts
wfay said:
Thanks for the link Jay. That's just what I was looking for!

I think I'll have to look into those reverse sensors to avoid this in the future... Don't suppose those sensors work for things like shopping carts, which are not solid objects like a child, another car, a pole etc?
You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I have not installed my Poron system yet, but I would think that it would warn you of a shopping cart?? Will have to test.....

TL

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: wfay

hondacuraworld said:
Check your email in about 5 mins :)
5 MIN!!!:eek:

Tim, you are slipping! :2: :2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wife managed to back into a shopping cart that rolled behind our 2004 in a parking lot AFTER she had loaded the groceries in the back.

The way the cart was angled, it only damaged one part of the car -- the rear passengers side reverse light cover (right side of the license plate), which is cracked and missing a chunk of clear plastic right in the middle.

Called a junk yard or two and no one has any Pilots. Emailed my local dealer this morning and haven't gotten a response yet, and I'm impatient.

Just hoping someone can tell me the part number (from the shop manual) and perhaps a place to get this part online, or at least get a price online.

Thanks guys.
Wayne

Hello,

I have the same problem now.

I was wondering how did you replace it?

I already removed both of the screws through the rear tailgate inner panel, however it seems that there are more screws, but I can't get to them.

How did you do that?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Charles

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Hello,

I have the same problem now.

I was wondering how did you replace it?

I already removed both of the screws through the rear tailgate inner panel, however it seems that there are more screws, but I can't get to them.

How did you do that?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Charles
It might be a while before he responds. OP hasn't posted in over a decade and a half. ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts