Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out to dinner tonight and when I came back to my car someone had broken the rear quarter window.
Insurance will cover but what is the best way to get the window replaced? I have a local body shop that is great but would it be better to have the dealer replace the window? I’m pretty sure they don’t have their own body shop.
It’s a 2017 EX-L.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dealers don’t usually do windows or body work. They focus on mechanical work. They usually bring in outside vendors for window replacement or send it to a body shop.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If it's just the glass that is damaged, then any glass shop is the best.

If there's damage to the frame / body, then a collision repair shop (they will have the glass shop repair the glass)

Dealers will usually out-source body / glass work.

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
Dealers don’t usually do windows or body work. They focus on mechanical work. They usually bring in outside vendors for window replacement or send it to a body shop.

Truth.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Get in touch with a mobile glass company. Body shops normally sublet urethane installed glass panels to glass vendors since they can be a hassle.

Also...if it's a glass only claim most insurers will get you through to whichever vendor they use to get it done for you. Safelight is one of the more heavily used ones.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Get in touch with a mobile glass company. Body shops normally sublet urethane installed glass panels to glass vendors since they can be a hassle.

Also...if it's a glass only claim most insurers will get you through to whichever vendor they use to get it done for you. Safelight is one of the more heavily used ones.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I concur.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts