Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front doors and tailgate actuate fine, rear doors sound like they're activating but do not unlock or lock the door. In fast, I am seeing the lock buttons vibrate when activate the locks. Right now I just manually lock or unlock the rear doors using the button on the rear doors. Not a bad issue, but one of convenience should I be able to fix it. Tldr: lock actuator working, door not locking from it.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
First thing to try is to shoot a whole bunch of silicone lubricant spray in there and keep cycling it manually several times to see if that decruddifies it.

In a pinch, WD-40 will do.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is odd that it is both rears that are acting up. Are you the original owner, or have they ever worked since you have owned it? I would look to see if the rod is disconnected.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is odd that it is both rears that are acting up. Are you the original owner, or have they ever worked since you have owned it? I would look to see if the rod is disconnected.
No I just bought this Saturday used. That is my suspicion, I will check it out. Hopefully that's all that's happening. Thanks, Will update soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First thing to try is to shoot a whole bunch of silicone lubricant spray in there and keep cycling it manually several times to see if that decruddifies it.

In a pinch, WD-40 will do.

Haha, I'd agree, but I can hear the actuators activating, but it seems to me that they and the lock rod arent connected.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Ah, new to you. Indeed odd that a mechanical failure occurred on both rear doors. OK, time to open them up and have a look-see.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,501 Posts
It’s probably not this, but try toggling the white child door lock switch on the rear doors. Otherwise sounds like you’ll be taking the door panels off. Good time to replace the rear speakers or rear door checkers if necessary since you’re in there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s probably not this, but try toggling the white child door lock switch on the rear doors. Otherwise sounds like you’ll be taking the door panels off. Good time to replace the rear speakers or rear door checkers if necessary since you’re in there.
I haven't even thought of that yet, I'll see what happens

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So tonight I removed the rear driver side passenger door panel, then toggled both the lock button on my key fob AND on the door. I discovered that there was no reaction from the actuator. I imagine it is the same on both sides and in this case, I misheard the doors actuating. What else might it be? If it was a fuse blown, which one is for the rear power locks? I didnt have enough to buy the Haynes/Chilton manual yet.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I've highlighted the fuse locations for you.

My SWAG diagnosis? Previous owner spent an inordinate amount of time yelling, "I've told you kids a thousand times not to constantly play with the power windows!"

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,501 Posts
If you have a multimeters might start looking for power and ground connections to the actuator. You might also try removing the actuator and bench testing it. If the actuator is good one cause could be a broken wire or two between the cabin and door within the rubber wire boot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've highlighted the fuse locations for you.

My SWAG diagnosis? Previous owner spent an inordinate amount of time yelling, "I've told you kids a thousand times not to constantly play with the power windows!"
Thanks a mil, I appreciate this!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have a multimeters might start looking for power and ground connections to the actuator. You might also try removing the actuator and bench testing it. If the actuator is good one cause could be a broken wire or two between the cabin and door within the rubber wire boot.
I hope it isn't ugh, I'll crack it open and pull the actuators later this week haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts