Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it bother anyone that the Pilot does not have amber turn signals on the rear? The MDX does, as do most Hondas.

The current Odyssey did not when it first came out, then Honda ended up adding it.

I've never liked the "red for everything" set up of most american vehicles. I think amber turn signals should be a universal rule.

I realize some people like the looks of the all red, but I opine that amber turn signals are more noticable, thus safer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
JungleJim said:
Does it bother anyone that the Pilot does not have amber turn signals on the rear? The MDX does, as do most Hondas.

The current Odyssey did not when it first came out, then Honda ended up adding it.

I've never liked the "red for everything" set up of most american vehicles. I think amber turn signals should be a universal rule.

I realize some people like the looks of the all red, but I opine that amber turn signals are more noticable, thus safer.
the only problem I have with amber lights is that you don't know if they are coming from the front or rear of a vehicle when you see one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Growing up rebuilding classic cars, I've become quite fond of the ALL RED taillights. I was quite happy to see them on there when we went to first check them out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
JungleJim said:
Does it bother anyone that the Pilot does not have amber turn signals on the rear? The MDX does, as do most Hondas.

The current Odyssey did not when it first came out, then Honda ended up adding it.

I've never liked the "red for everything" set up of most american vehicles. I think amber turn signals should be a universal rule.

I realize some people like the looks of the all red, but I opine that amber turn signals are more noticable, thus safer.
In bad weather(poor visibility conditions), I rather have red lights than amber due to the shorter wavelength of the red color in the light spectrum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Re: Re: Rear lights

HiFlyer said:


In bad weather(poor visibility conditions), I rather have red lights than amber due to the shorter wavelength of the red color in the light spectrum.
Only us dorky engineer/science type think of that stuff.:p......

...but you have a great point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
But that would mean that the turn signal would be dedicated and then there would only be one red taillight. Right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
I like the all red as well, much more then the MDX's. It's similar to the Range Rover rear lights.
I'd like to get rid of the amber lights in the front. Has anyone done this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
GonnaBe1 said:
But that would mean that the turn signal would be dedicated and then there would only be one red taillight. Right?
Huh???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Re: Re: Rear lights

HiFlyer said:


In bad weather(poor visibility conditions), I rather have red lights than amber due to the shorter wavelength of the red color in the light spectrum.
Ah. I feel much better now. Yes, absolutely the red nonometer wave length penetrates further than the cooler yellow.

Who ever came out with the blue colored headlight bulbs (marketing) is a genius. They simulate the zenon bulb, but less than half the price. Well there is a reason for that. The blue colored bulbs won't penetrate half the distance as a regular stock bulb because blue is lower in the spectrum (but looks brighter),and has less penetration than the stock or yellowish bulbs. You gotta love marketing.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
4603pba said:
Right now, when you turn on your lights, the two round red lights on either side of the rear light up. The top light is the signal light, the bottom light is the brake light. If the top becomes a dedicated amber light/turn signal, then it would only be on when signalling a turn or when your hazard flashers were on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rear lights

JungleJim said:

:::
Maybe we should think about blue lights for bad weather? ;)
Would you draft a proposal to be sent to NHTSA and USDOT? Do you mind throwing in a redesign of JungleJim version of traffic light to be used in bad weather?

If it did not work out with NHTSA or USDOT, send the proposal to NASA.

:2: :2: :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,580 Posts
JungleJim said:
...The current Odyssey did not when it first came out, then Honda ended up adding it...
If they added them for the Ody, maybe you'll be able to get them in a year or two for the Pilot.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
Wonder when clear tail lights for pilot will come out like Altima's
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top