Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am about to purchase a Pilot EX-L but have a concern about the rear lift gate. I have a garage that will not allow it to open fully when parked in the garage.

is there a way to only open the rear life gate partially when in the garage? With an EX-L.

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
Yes, No, Don’t Know. Funny thing about Honda, they like to change features in different years of their vehicles. Go here and download the owners manual and it will answer your question(s).

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yes, No, Don’t Know. Funny thing about Honda, they like to change features in different years of their vehicles. Go here and download the owners manual and it will answer your question(s).
Hopefully there will be some more helpful answers other than RTFM! I don't have the height problem with mine but recall other posts here about it. Check this link for one way to do it.

Manually opening tailgate with limited headroom

·
Super Moderator
4,298 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
As far as I know you cannot select the height that it opens. That being said, if you hold the release button then it will work manually instead.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,298 Posts
There were, if memory serves me correctly, that you could set the opening height, but they are year specific.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm not sure if the trim level matters, but on my Touring there is no height adjustment. The method I use is opening the tailgate manually. If you don't know how to do it, you hold the trunk opener button for 3 seconds, and then it won't open on it's own. I also keep a rag in the back so when I open it, I place the rag under the rear wiper so just in case it hits the garage, it won't scratch the Honda logo. One issue I have with the trunk is that it randomly starts opening even more if you move the car. I'm not sure about other Pilot owners, but on my Pilot, I have to slam the doors for it to close all the way. If I have the trunk open in manual mode, and I close a door, then the trunk starts moving up by itself. The motor doesn't turn on, but it's the hydraulic strut that keeps pushing it open. After a month or so I noticed the trunk doesn't open all the way up to the garage door like it used to when it was new/ Now it stops exactly where I want it to

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well considering that the OP only listed a Pilot Ex-l, NO YEAR, about the only real answer is to RTFM. Because only the OP knows what FM they need to read. Thats why I posed THIS a while back. Suggestions for Posting Questions.
Then a follow up question of "what year" to the somewhat new Pilot member could have been helpful also. RTFM is not a helpful reply in many circumstances when a new or potentially new owner asks a question IMHO. Sounds like they don't even have the vehicle yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts