Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been discussed before. This is an 08 SE, w/ RES, yadda, yadda....
The light is on in the knob- I know it's getting some kind of power, but ever since the Knob got broken years ago, the blower hasn't worked. I thought b/c you couldn't turn the knob to red side of blue side.
But no, turn it to either side, it doesn't work.
On the dash is a rear manual control button. Tried that on and off. Still the same.

Help!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow! Such a response! I'm floored LOL

I did read thru this thread:

And I'll try some things from here too.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And read this one:

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,566 Posts
I’m guessing you already checked the fuse for the blower. I can’t remember if there is a relay in that circuit so check for that as well.
If you have a voltmeter you could check the blower terminals are receiving the correct voltages. And perhaps connect the blower directly to a 12V source to verify it’s working.

I’m guessing those two posts mentioned some or all of my suggestions, but I was too lazy to read through them.😁

Let us know what you find.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
69 Posts
My wife's Jeep Liberty blower stopped working on anything but high. Turned out to be the blower motor resistor. Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
It's almost always the thermistor. Get this or similar. You could just solder in a thermal resistor to your current unit, but these are so cheap, even I wouldn't bother unless it were to help my daughter practice her soldering skills.

https://www.amazon.com/Blower-Motor...al+resistor+honda+pilot&qid=1615947589&sr=8-3

Of course you know you have to push that RR A/C button up front to transfer control to the rear knob, for heat, too.

The other thing that fools a lot of people is that on Auto (up front), the heat comes out of the bottom vent near the floor of the rear console, whereas the A/C come out of the top vent. If you really want heat coming out of the top vent in the back, you have to choose a mode where the arrow is pointing at the little dude's face.

or

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, you had me at 'the little dudes face' LOL!

I for sure had the rear A/C control button pushed, not pushed, etc.
Not sure where the fuse is for the blower, before I buy that thermister-flux capacitor thingy.

I'll do a search for that fuse for rear blower.

I won't be offended if someone finds it for me either LOL

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

before and after pics of that infamous for blower filter screen. So nice that they make that so easily accessible. Still no blower motor comes on. When I put on the rear AC switch on the dash the little light in the back turns on like it’s got power to it. I’ll be searching for which fuse I can check next? Perhaps somebody can lead me in the right direction as well.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I got out my trusty owners manual and found the fuse for the rear AC. It was one of the big square 30 a.m. fuse number 14 underneath the hood on the passenger side. I switch it out it looks good anyway but I switched it out with the rear defroster 30 amp and went and tried it and it still did not work the light was on like there’s power to the area but not to the blower motor. So now I know I need to read up on where this thermistor Mr. thermistor is and order one online but from the links everybody sending me – thanks PL and everybody else.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Seeing that your rear blower filter screen was completely clogged my money is now on the blower transistor module. Clogged filter equals no airflow over transistor module’s heat fins resulting in the transistor failing. A new aftermarket one should be cheap enough where you can justify replacing the dead one instead of trying to repair it. And make vacuuming that screen part of your 30k mile maintenance routine.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
The transistor module should be about a foot to the right of the rear blower screen. At least that’s where it is on the 2005 Pilot.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just ordered the one that PLPL listed from Amazon on Amazon prime it should be here tomorrow. With any luck that will get it working. Thanks for the help so far
It was only about $14 and something shipped.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The transistor module should be about a foot to the right of the rear blower screen. At least that’s where it is on the 2005 Pilot.
I did see bug that I did not take out yet several inches to the right of the screen I just vacuumed. I think that’s the one you’re talking about, right? When the new part comes I will change it out and hopefully we will have ignition Houston.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
That black module in your photos looks like a relay. The transistor module is almost lined up with the front of the driver seat when the seat is pushed all the way back. But that’s for a 2005 Pilot so it might be different on your 2008.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That black module in your photos looks like a relay. The transistor module is almost lined up with the front of the driver seat when the seat is pushed all the way back. But that’s for a 2005 Pilot so it might be different on your 2008.
Yes and thanks. I did see the wire plug and thought that might be it, but since I was methodically trouble shooting I thought I'd wait until I had the $13 part to check and change it out.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts

Rear blower motor thermistor.jpg

Friendly tip to help you avoid pounding your head in despair
: Remove harness (tab), then depress the little metal tab and unintuitively turn clockwise (righty- loosey) to remove.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Uh.... Houston-...... We fixed the Problem.

We have ignition!

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Uh.... Houston-...... We fixed the Problem.

We have ignition!
Glad you got airflow to the rear passengers. I’m sure they will be grateful.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad you got airflow to the rear passengers. I’m sure they will be grateful.
Over a year ago, I was in-between jobs and driving Uber and Lyft to help make ends meet.
I'm sure they would have liked it to work, but back then, I never got around to fixing it LOL.

I'm glad it works again- for the $13 part.

Now, my 6 CD changer has been broke ever since my wife got a Library CD with stickers on the CD stuck in it.
I took it apart- like a gorilla would, to retrieve the CD's and savesome money.
Everything else on the radio works.
I/we never minded b/c the RES DVD player also plays audio CD's!

So, do I go back to the junk yard and get the radio out of that 06 EXL? It's the same one w/ the 6 CD changer, etc.
I might try and call them and see about how much it would be.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 20 of 24 Posts