Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my EX cloth for about 1 week. So far so good. However, I notice that even when I activate the rear heat controls, I do not feel a change in temparature in the air blowing out of the rear vent. The temp stays the same whether the dial is turned to the right for heat or left for cold. I do not use full auto. Has anyone else noticed this. Any thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
991 Posts
Oh yes, I know, this is a weird setup for the rear climate controls..

First, it only changes 1 degree at at time, warmer or colder, but does not actually change to Cold or Hot.

Whatever the driver has the temperature set on, thats what the rear will get too, but only slighter warmer or colder.. Using Full Auto will not let the passenger have control of the rear climate controls (I don't know why this is) I find that you have to have the drivers controls setting on front blowing only, or front blowing and feet blowing to get the rear to work, you also have to press the the button on the dash to activate the rear controls..

Honesty, no one ever uses the rear controls, not really necessary, and they are way to complicated to figure out. They may be more useful in the summer with AC..

I have played with them a bit, do a search on "rear climate controls" lots of discussion about it..

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Here is one of the longer, more recent threads about the climate control system. See the descriptions in the last 6-8 posts.

If you crank the fan up to high when you experiment, you'll have a better chance noticing the temperature difference.

We've used the rear control mainly on long trips. One of us sits in back with the kid and we find a "few degrees hotter or colder than the driver" to be quite useful.

Also, welcome to the forum - hope your having a good time with your Pilot. Please add your info to theVIN table.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts