Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealer replace the left strut on the rear hatch. It seemed to have lost pressure and the hatch would bounce when the struts reached the end of their extension. For your info, and that of your dealer if you encounter the same problem, although the struts are marked "left" and "right" they are interchangeable and apparently the "left" "right" thing is just for inventory reasons during the assembly process. My dealer ordered the "left" strut and Honda sent them the "right" strut. The dealer called Honda and they said the "left" "right" thing doesn't matter except at the factory. Therefore, they installed a "right" strut on the "left' side and it works just fine.:)

·
Registered
919 Posts
That's odd, but I can confirm it. Here is the diagram where they list part 18 and 24 as the stay assembly. The actual parts listing below lists parts 18 and 24 as 74820-S9V-A01. They do list the "Honda code" (whatever that is) differently for each, but the part numbers are the same.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BPilot,
I'd ask your dealer to replace the defective strut as it is probably putting extra stress on the other strut and before long you'll have two bad struts. Since the dealer fixed my bad strut on the left side the rear hatch swings up smoothly with no bounce at the top. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts