Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '13 EX-L and the rear hatch glass stopped opening with the button on the rear door. A few days later, my wife found a relay on the driver's floor.
Motor vehicle Gesture Finger Thumb Nail

After some searching, I found where it fell out from. There is a small block with two of these relays in it behind the main fuse panel under the dash. Hard to see and hard to get to.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Audio equipment Gadget Cameras & optics

You can barely see where the camera is focused, but it goes there.
After I put the relay back in, the rear glass opens again!
The relay felt tight when I reinserted it. I hope it doesn't fall out again.
If you are chasing down this problem with a non opening rear window, then I hope this info helps.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Great tip, and thanks for the picture too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a '13 EX-L and the rear hatch glass stopped opening with the button on the rear door. A few days later, my wife found a relay on the driver's floor. View attachment 145511
After some searching, I found where it fell out from. There is a small block with two of these relays in it behind the main fuse panel under the dash. Hard to see and hard to get to.
View attachment 145512
You can barely see where the camera is focused, but it goes there.
After I put the relay back in, the rear glass opens again!
The relay felt tight when I reinserted it. I hope it doesn't fall out again.
If you are chasing down this problem with a non opening rear window, then I hope this info helps.
It's impossible to get direct access to put that in , how have you fit your hand behind the fuse box, i tried and i guess i have too much of sausage fingers going on .

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
It's impossible to get direct access to put that in , how have you fit your hand behind the fuse box, i tried and i guess i have too much of sausage fingers going on .
Maybe use long skinny needle nose pliers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts