Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Pilot EX-L 4WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - this is my first post on here. We are a long time Honda family, and off loaded our 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite for a 2015 Pilot EX-L 4WD with only 30K miles on her.

Hoping someone on here can advise: The key fob will open and close the Pilot's rear hatch, but the button in the driver's door will not do anything. I don't think it's a fuse, as the hatch opens and closes with fob/button on the hatch door when open.

Can anyone shed light on this and advise what the issue may be? Hoping to avoid taking this thing to the dealer - it only has 30K miles!!

Thanks,

-Skeezix

·
Registered
241 Posts
Are you holding the button down long enough? You do have to hold it down a few seconds before it will open.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Pilot EX-L 4WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you holding the button down long enough? You do have to hold it down a few seconds before it will open.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes sir - holding button down for 25 seconds does nothing. Almost like the switch isn’t hooked up or is dead. I know it’s not the fuse as the hatch works with the fob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This happened to me recently. First I replaced the switch, which did not solve the issue. Then I replaced the wiring harness leading to the switch, which fixed it. So, I would say it is one of those two things. My switch controlled the hatch glass though since it is an EX.

·
Registered
2015 Pilot EX-L 4WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Did you have to remove the inside door panel to get to the wiring harness/switch?

·
Registered
2015 Pilot EX-L 4WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any chance you took pics of the door panel removal process?

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my Touring, the hatch button does not operate when the car is in Drive (or anything other than Park). Its easy to do when you are in the car and someone else wants you to open the hatch. When using the fob, the car keys are generally out of the ignition, meaning the car is in Park and turned off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts