Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else's kids inadvertently hit the grab handle lights? It's been at least 5x that I've looked out in the driveway at night to see one or two of them left on.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I love the switch that shuts them off from the dash.
Once I threatened to leave the switch off, the "accidental" times the lights have been left on went WAY down.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes and that "rear power off" on the RES really cuts down on the screaming in the back seat, too. Threatening to use it, anyway.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My favorite feature

N_Jay said:
I love the switch that shuts them off from the dash.
Once I threatened to leave the switch off, the "accidental" times the lights have been left on went WAY down.
Yup. No more reaching up to the ceiling...and all the lights go out at once. Sublime.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yes, my Pilot has provided a night light for the garage on several occasions.

At first the kids liked to click them because they made a cool sound. They're over it now.

And I'm now in the habit of looking out into a dark garage before I retire for the night, just to be sure. It's part of the nightly pre-bedtime house check.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
time out?

So why doesn't the Pilot have a timer on the lights like my old Exploder?

·
Registered
310 Posts
It has happened to me so many times that now I just leave the dash switch off. It's a bummer that the interior lights don't come on when a door is opened now, but I guess that's better than a dead battery.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Maybe the kids need a reminder

I have had the lights on a few times overnight, in several different cars. I have never had a starting problem.

As for the timer on the Explorer; Does it shut of the interior lights if someone leaves the switch on, or just a door open?

We have the door open timer!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exploder timer and auto lamps

The Exploder had a timer that would shut off the lights if you left a switch on. It also had the auto headlamp feature that was nice. You never had to turn the lights on or off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Did you know...

whiteEXL said:
The Exploder had a timer that would shut off the lights if you left a switch on. It also had the auto headlamp feature that was nice. You never had to turn the lights on or off.
... that your Pilot EX also has the auto headlamp feature? If left on, the headlamps will turn off after a short while. They will turn on again when opening the drivers door. :4:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The unfortunate thing about the Pilot's headlamp timer is it also effects the parking lights.

I drop my kids off at school in the morning, in the dark. I would like to leave my parking lights on while I run in, but they always turn off by the time I reach the door.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I did not know that!!!

Park lights you can not park with!!

Maybe they need to give us European Park lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts