Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2016 Pilot Elite last year as a Pre-owned certified. last week I noticed that the rear fog fuse #16 missing from interior fuse box type A. I am not sure if the previous owner removed it? Any suggestion?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I think a rear fog is only used in overseas vehicles, such as in Germany? It would be illegal in the US to drive with a rear facing fog light on I believe.

Here's a little information about rear fog lights (which are red)

Rear Fog Lights

Reactions: Aviator6

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I think a rear fog is only used in overseas vehicles, such as in Germany? It would be illegal in the US to drive with a rear facing fog light on I believe.

Here's a little information about rear fog lights (which are red)

Rear Fog Lights
There is no way it's illegal in the US or the manufacturers wouldn't offer them at all. Most European manufacturers have them on there vehicles, I find them incredibly useful in poor weather conditions and wish our vehicles came with them for use in bad weather.

Reactions: ls973800

·
Registered
883 Posts
There is no way it's illegal in the US or the manufacturers wouldn't offer them at all. Most European manufacturers have them on there vehicles, I find them incredibly useful in poor weather conditions and wish our vehicles came with them for use in bad weather.

I thought it was illegal in the states, but after doing a bit of searching, it does appear to be OK to use them under certain conditions. I had posted "I believe" they were illegal but now find that not to be true.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: cintocrunch

·
Registered
4,261 Posts

I thought it was illegal in the states, but after doing a bit of searching, it does appear to be OK to use them under certain conditions. I had posted "I believe" they were illegal but now find that not to be true.

Thanks for pointing that out.
To take it a step further, I'm sure the federal guidelines allow them under certain conditions, but some state or local jurisdictions may not allow them at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Since Honda designs/sells the Pilot for many countries, I suspect that even though you have a slot for rear foglights, the wiring is likely not there. And unless you have a switch on the turn signal stalk, it would likely not do anything.

But I do find it impressive how Honda (and others) integrate many different requirements into a common design.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Boo I have the same issue.
I have 2017 Touring, Canadian.
The fuse is not there. position 16.
The manual show the rating of the fuse is 7.5A, but it is written between Parenthesis (7.5A)

any one has any idea what does the () means?

BR
Omar

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,194 Posts
Moot point, since Canadian PIlots do not have rear fog lights, their wiring or their switch.

Empty fuse is just a placeholder for the Russian/Ukrainian models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts