Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered another ding on the rear right fender, one inch away from the last ding that got fixed two months ago. This one is a little worse than the last, but at least no paint damage occurred.

Anyone in the market for a Pilot should consider getting the fender flairs to protect that area, which is really vulnerable. My next accessory purchase will be those flares.

Until then, at least I have a three year plan with Dent Zone, but really would rather not use it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
It seems that the Pilot's sheet metal is very thin as I have seen alot of door dinged Pilots. We had our car for only 2 weeks and got our first door ding. What a bummer! At least I know a few people in the industry of paintless dent removing so I will have to call upon a few favors. Hope they don't ask me to window tint their car in return for the favor :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think this is the price you pay for your Pilot not weighing 6000 pounds. Everything on recent cars has been thinned out, pared down, replaced by plastic.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's been my experience that something has to hit metal to ding it. I've been very lucky - I've had my Pilot for about a year now and still no door/fender dings. Of course, I'm parking it way out in the lot everywhere I go.:4:

I'm sure I'll get a ding eventually, though. :eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Probably would have been better to make the Pilot's gross vehicle weight over 6,000 lbs so that we can write off the entire amount of the car in our taxes. That is one of the reasons why the Hummer has been so successful as you can write off up to $75,000 or some outrageous number like that. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts