Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have an 05 with 180k. After a diagnosis and the advise of previous posts I went ahead and replaced the complete front strut assemblies, rear shocks, and all 4 sway bar linkages. I noticed the front bushings on the control arm were kinda bad but the back didn’t look bad.
After replacing the above, 90% of the problems went away. No more body roll or tons and tons of creaking at low speed. However one symptom I can’t seem to iron out: when I go over a speed bump or rough bump as the rear shocks are coming back down after the bump it makes a noise that sounds kind of tinney/ shuunkkk. Not sure what it could be back there?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Sway bar bushings? It's hard to see they are out of round on the inside until you have them off, and even then it's hard to see. Front sway bar bushing replacements cured my clunks at low speeds. The OEM part are not expensive, but the job can be a bear, especially in the back. Note that they are not the same part or part number for the front one and the back ones.

But before you do all that, tighten the loose screws you may have on your rear latch. It's a well-kept secret. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
What did you touch. Something is loose or a rubber spring seat has deteriorated. Always replace the rubber spring seats when changing springs. I have also had defective new sway bar links from O'Riely's.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
519 Posts
I recently replaced my front struts, front sway bar bushings, end links, rear shocks and end links, but did not change the rear sway bar bushings. My handling is much better, but I've also got the clunking noise from the rear that OP mentioned that wasn't noticeable before all the replacements. I'm hoping it's not the rear sway bar bushings since I hear they're not as easy to change out as the front ones.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Check and tighten those rear latch screws first. It's easy and doesn't cost anything, but hard to guess if you didn't know. Now you know. Worth a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts