Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 2wd Pilot has a drone over rumble strips at slower speeds and over “patterned” road cracks up to say 25 mph. I have replaced the rear shocks and the sway bar links.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
Drive faster. ?

In all seriousness perhaps make sure the lugnuts are tightened to the proper torque. Also have the balance on the rear tires checked. But I would think if either of these were out of tolerance that you’d have more issues at higher speeds.

Reactions: oldcomputech

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Drive faster. ?

In all seriousness perhaps make sure the lugnuts are tightened to the proper torque. Also have the balance on the rear tires checked. But I would think if either of these were out of tolerance that you’d have more issues at higher speeds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don’t think it is that although those are fine ideas. It is the same kind of sound my old Dodge diesel truck made at a certain rpm where it would cause a harmonic in the truck bed. Spray undercoating fixed that on the truck.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Tighten your factory jack in its cradle before you do anything else.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Adding to Can’s suggestion also check the storage compartment where you put the rear headrests when they are not in use.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Had this issue with my 05. Changed transmission fluid 3-4x and the noise vanished. This was 3 summers ago. Still no noise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just changed my tranny fluid x3 and no change. Going to try sway bar bushings next. Also need to mention that the unit has new urethane LCA’s and sway bar bushings and new links in the front and new links and shocks in the back. It used to have all manner of clunks and rattles before I did that, now just rattles some in the back and that annoying harmonic. I am also thinking perhaps I need rear wheel bearings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts