Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one find a solution to my 2012 rear doors holding water.... is there a way to drain them... does this mean I should have my seals checked to my doors?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Any one find a solution to my 2012 rear doors holding water.... is there a way to drain them... does this mean I should have my seals checked to my doors?
This is s known issue with your windshield fluid tube on the back hatch. It's too long and when the door shuts, it gets caught in the rubber seal. When it rains, water leaks through. The solution was to cut an inch or so off. Photos would be nice.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I never heard of the windshield washer hose being an issue, got more info on that?

Check that the drains at the bottom of the door seam aren't clogged up. You may need to pull the door panel to really get a good luck at what's going on.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Sorry, I based my comment off the @Sha93 video post that's for a 3rd Gen hatch water problem.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander XLE 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L
244 Posts
This is s known issue with your windshield fluid tube on the back hatch. It's too long and when the door shuts, it gets caught in the rubber seal. When it rains, water leaks through. The solution was to cut an inch or so off. Photos would be nice.
I think she means rear doors not hatch. I have a 12 and do not have this problem.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I think she means rear doors not hatch. I have a 12 and do not have this problem.
I see that now. I based my comment off the video someone posted on a 3rd Gen Hatch. Wrong wrong.

Reactions: bdozer1965

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I wash my cars on a sloped part of my driveway and I have noticed that compared to the Traverse the Pilot doors will drip way more water for much longer. Something about the seals lets water get into the door cavity more easily than the Traverse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reach under the bottom of the door when it's open and pry the rubber a bit at the low part of the hinge side. You'll know you have the right spot. There is a drain hole there that gets clogged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts