Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to write a novel so I am gonna be quick. Since I bought my 2006 Pilot I did the alignment three times and all three times they messed it up and it never drove straight. About two weeks ago I brought my car for the alignment check in a "high quality place" and they told me that I need to replace the toe arms. I went on eBay and I am confused which one is which. Toe and camber arms look exactly the same and even on some products it says "camber toe arms" which confuses me even more. I have heard that camber cannot be adjusted so I want to buy some adjustable arms but I do not see the difference between them. Do they look similar or they are exactly the same? I am out of state now, so I cannot take off the wheel and look, but I when I come back I want to already have it.

P.S. when I type in camber arms it shows a little more expensive ones so if they are the same that will save me some money

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The Pilot stock rear suspension has non adjustable control arms. There are adjustable upper rear control arms available on Rock Auto. They are threaded, with a locknut, similar to outer tie rod ends in design. This will allow your alignment shop to bring the rear wheel camber back into spec.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Pilot stock rear suspension has non adjustable control arms. There are adjustable upper rear control arms available on Rock Auto. They are threaded, with a locknut, similar to outer tie rod ends in design. This will allow your alignment shop to bring the rear wheel camber back into spec.
Yes, but is there a difference between them?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I just read your post again, and I'm not sure if you are talking about front or rear?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ok, if you haven't looked on Rock Auto, please do so. They show both standard and adjustable control arms with clear photos and specs.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Here you go. Add filter words "upper", "rear" and "adjustable" for even more precise results.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
520 Posts
My rear toe is out, so I assume those adjustable arms won't help with that since they're only for camber adjustment, which is fine on mine. How do we fix the toe on the rear?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
On each rear lower arm there are adjusting bolts for toe adjustment

Rear toe-in:
2WD: 2±2 mm (O.O8±0.08 in.) 4WD: 0±2 mm (0±0.08 in.)

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Just got an email alert from our isthmus-dwelling friends over at Rockauto that they're having one of their wholesaler closeout parts sale for 2006s. Not quite as many good finds as a decent garage sale, but you may find something too good to pass up. I did. :D

Wholesaler Closeout Parts : 2006 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6

They even have what you may be looking for.

And don't forget to enter your Piloteers discount code on top of that. :)

508F794D9D4F1F

1 - 14 of 14 Posts