Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing some hollow sounding bumping noise when going over small bumps or divets. the shocks are fine but the bump stops attached to the inside of the rear heavy-duty rear coil springs looks like they have deteriorated somewhat. I believe this could be the problem sound that I am hearing and feeling. Would anyone who has had to replace the bump stop could you please send some "how to do it" information about replacement procedures? I thank you up front for your effort and time.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
If you're pretty sure it's that and not the rear sway bar bushings, this ought to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
You're welcome. It's hard to visually inspect the rear sway bar bushings without removing them, since they subtly go out of round on the inside. But since the part is so cheap and you've removed them to inspect them anyway, and even then it might not be immediately visually apparent, may as well order them and swap them in anyway.

Just be sure to get the right part number for the rear sway bar bushings, because although they look a lot like the front ones, they're slightly different.

https://www.piloteers.org/threads/easy-to-replace-front-sway-bar-bushings.55417/#post-795650

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am sorry to hijack this post but I am having hard time to find this piece of rubber, Honda part # 52722-S9V-A04. I tried 4 different sites, and they all said part is back-order. Any suggestions please? what else can I put in there? where else to look? Thanks for your help. I have a 2004 Honda Pilot EX AWD

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Rock Auto?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am sorry to hijack this post but I am having hard time to find this piece of rubber, Honda part # 52722-S9V-A04. I tried 4 different sites, and they all said part is back-order. Any suggestions please? what else can I put in there? where else to look? Thanks for your help. I have a 2004 Honda Pilot EX AWD
Is this part number for the rear bump stop? I think e-trailer sells heavy duty aftermarket replacements for trailering overload use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are right STMech. etrailer has something that can replace the Honda stock bump stop but way way more expensive. Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts