Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly, I have not read my owner's manual thoroughly as of yet...but when I have the A/C on, if the Manual Rear is not activated on the dash, hot air (I mean HOT) blows out of the second row air vents while cold air is blown out of the dash vents. When I activate the Manual Rear Control button (i.e. green light is "ON") the second row will blow cold air to temperature the second row dial is set. What's up here????

·
Registered
191 Posts
spindoctor

Can't say that I have experienced that problem. Live in WI and have definitely been using the AC the past month and have never had that happen. Anyone else heard of this or had it happen to them?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Its broken

Have it fixed.

Sorry, its early :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am with N_Jay, you need a service appointment. With the green light off, the front and back heating/air should work in unison to keep the temperature dialed in. It is a "sycronized" system.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My first PILOT had this problem ... the rear AC isn't connected ... you have to take it in. The dealer didn't properly PDI it before you got it. Took my dealership about three hours to figure it out and another to fix it. I can't tell you exactly what the fix was though. Take it in.

PrG

·
Registered
163 Posts
What's the difference?

I'm confused. Would someone elaborate the differences between AC or Automatic Climate Control?. I do know with either AC on or Climate Control on Pilot consumes more gas. Since I am the only one person drive everyday to work which is the best option to use. I am not sure if we set Automatic Climate Control to somewhat near to outside temp will it go off and start again? or to use AC?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The automatic climate control and A/C work together. If all you do is jump in, hit "auto" and dial in a temp, the system will decide how much a/c and heat to use to achieve and keep the desired temp.

You do not have to have the "a/c" illuminated for the system to be utilizing it. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
a/c button

You can force the a/c to be engaged by pressing that button.

·
Registered
199 Posts
More On the A/C

In many ways it is confusing, however Honda has given you a choice. By pressing Auto, the system decides temp, fan speed, whether to re-circulate or not, and what selection of vents to use. You can bypass part or all of the automatic setting by using the mode switch to select vents, the recirculate button, or the A/C switch itself. The A/C switch is a direct link to the compresson and allows you to save fuel if you are so motivated. Much of the time when I am on the interstate, I leave the Auto mode and do the following. Go to the recirculate mode to keep cool air in. Move temp setting to LO. Use low or med fan speed and then manually turn the compresson on and off (A/C switch) as cool air is needed. I usually can go for miles with the compresson off and then need to turn it on occasionally. My wife says there are other mental problems associated with this. Anyway, saves gas and compressor wear. Also I have found that the rear A/C controls work only with the front in the Auto position and the bypass switch activated. If in manual mode of any type, the rear controls on my vehicle do not work. Hope this helps. BP

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like some of you should spend some quality time with your owner's manual. Your new vehicle has a lot of goodies, a small investment in "reading time" will most likely improve your ownership experience ....

Get to know one another ... hopefully, you will have a long and rewarding experience together

1 - 11 of 11 Posts