Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new to the forums. I have 2013 Pilot EX-L. The following items in the rear center console do not work - The 12 volt power jack, the rear climate control display, the lights for the rear climate control buttons do not work and the climate control buttons do not work. However, the rear ac and heat work in sync with the front a/c. I have checked the fuses which are not blown. Should try to replace the heater transistor, do a self diagnostics reading, take it to the dealer or..... ??
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Do you have a multimeter?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Trace the power and ground until you find where they disappeared.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Rear console power socket uses fuse 12 in the aux under-hood fuse/relay box. Look at Console Accessory Power Socket B Relay, same place.

The power transistors are used to manage the speeds of the fans. If the rear fan is running, no need to test the rear power transistor.

Illumination in the rear panel may give the illusion of the rear panel non-function. The display is back-lit. Can you see any back-light illumination in that display? It's LED illumination so not a lot of failure probability... Brightness is controlled by the main dash illumination.

Discrete electrical connections to the rear panel are few. A 12-cavity connector includes power for illumination, ground for illumination, a data-bus connection from the main unit in the dash, and a power supply connection IG2 with battery voltage while ignition switch is on. IG2 is shared with the rear blower relay and the rear power transistor for blower speed control. If the rear blower is working there's IG2 power to the rear climate control panel.

The rear climate panel and related devices are grounded via G801. This ground is shared with the rear console power outlet, and is the single point of possible common failure between the two failures you report. This ground point is described as "body ground, via rear AC wire harness" and is on the left side of the center console, forward on cars without rear entertainment. You'll want to at least lift the console to gain clean access to this ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts