Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my rear camera and I have the black trim removed from the inside of the hatch. But I still can't figure out what else I have to remove to get at the camera? I am thinking I have to remove the silver trim on the outside of the hatch but not sure how. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
There's not 2 screws on each side of the camera, on the outside?
This will allow you to replace just the lense by unscrewing it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2013 Backup Camera Replacement is where I replaced mine with a cheap Amazon version.
I used an OEM as I did not want to cut wires or fashion a bracket. I couldn't figure out how to release the plastic chrome exterior trim piece, but I finally just used more force to pop it off. 2 bolts, and three press pins for those doing this in the future.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used an OEM as I did not want to cut wires or fashion a bracket. I couldn't figure out how to release the plastic chrome exterior trim piece, but I finally just used more force to pop it off. 2 bolts, and three press pins for those doing this in the future.
I had tried to describe that in my post, and I think the photo in my thread even had those fasteners highlighted.

·
Registered
749 Posts
1.. pop off the upper portion of the tailgate trim. Should be just a few clips.
2. remove lower portion of tailgate trim. This one is tougher. There is one bolt under a small cover where the strap attaches. Also make sure to open the rear glass hatch. In the bottom of tailgate, there is a fingerhold insert, it needs to be popped out as well - hard to do without breaking.
3. With trim off, innards of the tailgate are accessible. Where that silver trim is outside, you will see two bolts coming in, held by nuts from inside. Once the nuts are off, you can disconnect the harness and remove the assembly - which includes the camera, license plate lights and glass hatch open button.
4. All the components I listed above are assembled into a single harness. I suppose you can just hack off the old camera and tape the wires for new one on top. of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts