Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that had the rear bumper applique installed, can you post a photo of what it looks like when the tailgate is CLOSED? All of the photos online show the applique when the tailgate is OPEN and I am curious to see how much "overhang" is showing on the bumper when the tailgate is closed. For those that don't know what I am referring to it's this:

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P48-TG7-101.html

If someone could get a shot standing behind the vehicle showing the entire back view (with tailgate closed) that would be great !

·
Registered
291 Posts
I’m about to purchase mine. I thought my dealership was upselling me when they told me to add it to my list of accessories. But less than a year later, I see tiny lines at the edge chipping away. The rear bumper appliqué is a necessary add on.

With regard to your question, I hope you know you would be the one to apply it and you can position it wherever you want as long as it covers the edge you really need protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
The overhang is less than an inch and does not look bad at all. In fact, I like the overhang as my two German Shepherds regularly jump into the rear and the overhang has protected the finish from paw nails....

·
Registered
27 Posts
The overhang is less than an inch and does not look bad at all. In fact, I like the overhang as my two German Shepherds regularly jump into the rear and the overhang has protected the finish from paw nails....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics ? Preferably when closed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually ended up getting the OEM cargo liner that covers the entire bumper. Seems that applique doesn't extend far enough along that bumper "radius" and you could still get chips and scratches when loading things (i.e. a bike)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Didn't really like the fit or look (black on white) of the OEM one, so I got the clear vinyl one from Lamin-x. Put it on last week after a wash and wax. Very easy to install, covers more than OEM, and very clear...can't even see it on my Diamond White Pearl.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had Llumar paint protection film installed on my rear 2 days after purchase. I didnt like the oem black either.

Had it custom cut down to the first crease on the bumper. Self healing as well. You can't tell it's there. Had to get this side shot to show the crease, otherwise you wouldn't see it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Stride,

I got one that is custom fit to the Pilot. Link below. I also got the door handle cups and door edge film. Will try to snag some pictures but it's too dirty right now - just got back from a road trip to Tennessee.

https://www.lamin-x.com/precut-film-covers/honda-pilot-19-rear-bumper-guard.html
About how far down from the flat surface does the film extend? Our German Shepard mix jumps into the rear hatch but her front paws always hit the top flat surface, and her rear paws hit the horizontal bumper area right below. I know the factory one covers a little bit below but not enough in our case.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I eventually went for the OEM Black film. Since I didn't apply it soon as I purchased my White Elite, I already have noticeable chips at the edge. So if I purchase the Lamin-X transparent film, all the visible chips will remain exposed. Plus, there's a lot of black underpinnings on my White Elite anyway. I looked for a Chrome applique but the closest I found is for the Acura and three times the price. Not sure it fits the Pilot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts