Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an observation. I bought 2016 Pilot new, drove mainly in Syracuse NY before recently relocating to NC. 63k on original brakes and I was getting ready to have front pads and rotors done when I start hearing grinding from rear brakes. Bring in and am told caliper is hanging up because one side is still 50% and the other is metal to metal. So, new pads and rotors on all 4, new calipers in rear and new hoses. All for $918. Not too bad. Guess salt just doesnt like calipers!

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite AWD
40 Posts

I installed rotors (cequence drilled & slotted) and posi quite ceramic brakepads total of $388.15 last April

·
Registered
882 Posts
Had you ever done the Honda recommended brake maintenance? Cleaning and lubing the slide pins on the caliper, the brake pad ears, the hardware that the pad ears sit in, etc?

I do mine at least once a year now that we live in Ohio and drive in the winter when salt or other corrosive chemicals are used on the road ways. I do mine during my DIY tire rotation since the brakes are easy enough to get to for maintenance.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite AWD
40 Posts
Had you ever done the Honda recommended brake maintenance? Cleaning and lubing the slide pins on the caliper, the brake pad ears, the hardware that the pad ears sit in, etc?

I do mine at least once a year now that we live in Ohio and drive in the winter when salt or other corrosive chemicals are used on the road ways. I do mine during my DIY tire rotation since the brakes are easy enough to get to for maintenance.
We live in Houston Texas, no salt problems but when it rains it pours that is why I installed drilled rotors. When I changed my rotors and brake pads I used the Permatex Anti-seize lubricant 80078.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts