Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My rear blower isn’t working. I pulled the transistor yesterday. Does anyone know how to bench test it with a multimeter to see if it’s good or bad?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Does anyone know how to bench test it with a multimeter to see if it’s good or bad?
Here's the TSB for the '03. I think that the odds they're similar are pretty good.

However, the test as written wasn't useful for me. Mine didn't work, passed the test, then worked after I replaced the thermistor. If you've already de-soldered it, I suggest just putting a new one in.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I just measured the resistance between pin 3 and 4 and I get no reading on the meter. I opened it up and put the probes on the thermistor itself...no reading. This means that it passes the test?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,276 Posts
Do be sure to vacuum your blower screen if it hasn't been done, but otherwise it's most surely your thermistor. Replace and be careful to insulate the legs well so they don't short.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,181 Posts
Thanks!
I just measured the resistance between pin 3 and 4 and I get no reading on the meter. I opened it up and put the probes on the thermistor itself...no reading. This means that it passes the test?
Yours failed the test. If you got no reading (my meter says OL) then the device open-circuited. As a sanity check, short the leads on your meter and you should get a reading very close to zero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts