Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody else has had problems with the rear air vents breaking. They louvers come out of their slots and then cannot be adjusted. I'm taking it to the dealer for this one.

Roundy

Silver EX-L. No mods yet. Looking for a good deal on running boards (the dealer wants $1000!!! NO WAY!!!).

·
Registered
494 Posts
Roundy said:
Wondering if anybody else has had problems with the rear air vents breaking. They louvers come out of their slots and then cannot be adjusted. I'm taking it to the dealer for this one.

Roundy

Silver EX-L. No mods yet. Looking for a good deal on running boards (the dealer wants $1000!!! NO WAY!!!).
Roundy here's an older link about your problem.
http://honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=625

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I had the same problem as well and when I took it in to have it repaired, the service advisor was already familiar with the problem.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Hmmmm?

If they will replace them, maybe I should knock them out? :D
I did that once and bet they will come out way easier than a new set.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Hmmmm?

N_Jay said:
LOL! That's right, preemptive defect manifestation. I think I'll go find that power steering pulley and yank on it hard a few times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah ha! I'll do the search next time. I'm new to this type of forum. Now I'll go look to see what other have experienced with dealerships using the wrong oil for the first service. I'm going to have the dealer fix my vents.

Thanks!

Roundy - the new guy

·
Registered
919 Posts
Roundy said:
Now I'll go look to see what other have experienced with dealerships using the wrong oil for the first service.
Just look for 5W20, 5W30, and CAFE and I think you'll find what your looking for. ;)

Welcome aboard!

Chris

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: Hmmmm?

N_Jay said:

Already did that.. guess what.. they all fell out! (glad it was on a test model):2:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
My point was

I did knock them out (my fault, but don't tell the wife).
Nowe I am extra carefull, (and yell at the kids to be also).
Just wondering if a new set will have better long term durability, then the set I already bumped once.

·
Registered
27 Posts
REAR VENTS

We had set #4 put in today during the course of an oil change & tire rotation. We didn't even mention the problem... Perhaps this is the first example of a premptive strike on the part of a Honda dealer. Maybe this set will work out better

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
4 sets?

What are you doing in the back seat? :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts