Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure I need to replace the rear air blower motor, but wanted to double check first.

Have a 2008 EX-L with 188k miles that I bought last summer. Noticed a month or so ago that the backseat doesn't get air. I replaced the transistor and now if I turn the fans ALL the way up, you can get a trickle of air in the backseat, like what comes out of the front vent on the lowest fan setting. I cleaned off the (filthy) air filter when I replaced the transistor. I checked on the rear blower motor and noticed that it does vibrate when the air is on and vibrates more when I turn the fans up to max, but again, back seat isn't getting the airflow I'd expect.

This sounds like a rear blower motor issue, right? Or should I troubleshoot some other area first?

·
Registered
2004 EX
609 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but did you vacuum the screen over the motor? Driver side.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
Can we assume you've gone through all this?

Font Parallel Screenshot Motor vehicle Document

Product Font Motor vehicle Sleeve Advertising

Rectangle Parallel Slope Font Symmetry

Also, make sure your thermistor legs a well-insulated, Note the red rubber insulation around the replacement's legs. You don't want any shorts/unwanted contacts.

Sleeve Gadget Electronic device Automotive tire Linens
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electrical wiring Computer hardware

Automotive lighting Circuit component Automotive tire Gadget Electrical wiring

Automotive lighting Circuit component Automotive tire Gadget Electrical wiring
Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Computer hardware Electronic component
Sleeve Grey Collar Beige Dress shirt

Circuit component Textile Sleeve Wood Electronic component

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will admit that I can't find the multimeter to test the new transistor nor have I disassembled the transistor, but I did follow those steps to replace it with a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts