Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen one of these aftermarket?(the little wing that forces air from the top of the vehicle down across the rear hatch to avoid dust,snow, and rain buildup)
I've looked at the vendors like h and a and hondacuraworld but no such luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you are like me and use the outside temperature display all the time, then you must be careful on what you do with that air deflector .... wing....thing. The ouside temperature sensor is located on the rear spoiler, any modifications to air flow may cause the temperature readings to be inaccurate.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
HiFlyer said:
If you are like me and use the outside temperature display all the time, then you must be careful on what you do with that air deflector .... wing....thing. The ouside temperature sensor is located on the rear spoiler, any modifications to air flow may cause the temperature readings to be inaccurate.
Hmmm, I thought the sensor was located somewhere near the front of the vehicle - just behind the front bumper maybe?

rod

·
Registered
204 Posts
colorider said:

Hmmm, I thought the sensor was located somewhere near the front of the vehicle - just behind the front bumper maybe?

rod
I see a sensor on the rear spoiler placed in such a way that it is not exposed to the wind. I am confident that it is the temperature sensor, if it is located in the front, that is too close to the engine block to give an accurate temperature reading.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Behind the front bumper

HiFlyer said:

. . . . I am confident that it is the temperature sensor, . . . . .
Sorry, it's behind the front bumper.

"Confident" was an interesting choice of words.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: Behind the front bumper

N_Jay said:

"Confident" was an interesting choice of words.
Then, what is the sensor that is located in the spoiler?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Beat me to it, I was just about to post then figured I would get my manual to be sure. :p

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
HiFlyer said:

I see a sensor on the rear spoiler placed in such a way that it is not exposed to the wind. I am confident that it is the temperature sensor, if it is located in the front, that is too close to the engine block to give an accurate temperature reading.
Where do you see it? AFAIK, wind does not affect a sensor - matter of fact, I have the one on my motorcycle located just below the fairing to pickup "clean air" and out of direct sun light. Yes, you are correct that a sensor should not be too close to the engine, and that is why when you park oftentimes the engine heat will throw off the "true" temp reading. After you start moving again, it should return accurate readings.

rod

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Behind the front bumper

HiFlyer said:

Then, what is the sensor that is located in the spoiler?
Perhaps you are looking at the hole where the rear window washer nozzle is located??? :confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Behind the front bumper

colorider said:

Perhaps you are looking at the hole where the rear window washer nozzle is located??? :confused:
That's it!! Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The manual says the temp. sensor is located in the front bumper. It also says when you drive bellow 19mph it may not be accurate due to heat coming off the road. Or something close to that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that's settled, does anyone know of an aftermarket air deflector? :D

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
hilgerone said:
Now that's settled, does anyone know of an aftermarket air deflector? :D
No, but we all know where the temp sensor is located!! :)

If you find a source (that works and does not look tacky), let us all know. This is the first "square back" vehicle I have owned for several years and I had forgot how quickly the rear window picks up the crud!!

BTW, where are you located in NE?

rod

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
colorider said:

No, but we all know where the temp sensor is located!! :)
Not only do we KNOW where it is, but we are CONFIDENT in that knowlege! :2:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not only are we CONFIDENT where it's located we know it's not accurate. No matter how many times you reset it or have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), Letter to Mrs Foote, Dec. 2, 1887
:awais: :awais: :awais: :awais: :awais: :awais: :awais: :awais: :awais: :awais:

·
Registered
204 Posts
N_Jay said:

Not only do we KNOW where it is, but we are CONFIDENT in that knowlege! :2:
Good One!
Point well taken.
:cool:

·
Registered
241 Posts
How long

hipcheck_now

How long did it take to replace the speakers.

Would have been nice if Honda offered an upggrade package for the audio.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
colorider said:

BTW, where are you located in NE?

rod
I'm in David City. It's 70 miles west of Omaha.

We have been delivering a lot of hay to the Colorado Springs area. Pretty dry out in Colorado this Summer.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
hilgerone said:

I'm in David City. It's 70 miles west of Omaha.

We have been delivering a lot of hay to the Colorado Springs area. Pretty dry out in Colorado this Summer.
Okay - I see it on the map. My wife and I were both born in Sidney, although I have lived in Colorado virtually my entire life. She has the red "N" on her car - I don't. :)

Take care!

rod

1 - 20 of 20 Posts