Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,659 Posts
On my 2005 Pilot LX heat only comes from the rear console floor vent. I have never gotten heat out from the rear upper vent. A friend’s Pilot behaved the same way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I did some research and it looked like the blower motor resistor is the culprit only for the above problem with A/C. But it didn't seem to be the problem for heat. I'm a bit perplexed. Mine is a 2008 Pilot VP

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,659 Posts
If the rear blower resistor/transistor fails you won’t get cold or warm air out of the rear vents because the rear blower won’t spin.

When I pulled the rear vent panel off years ago, while investigating an issue, I noted the ducting setup restricts which rear vents hot and cold air go to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh I see then. It's just the way they designed it then. So only heat comes out of the bottom and A/C comes out of the top it seems. I can live with it lol, it's just not ducted to both come out of the top or bottom at the same time the way I understand it?

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Ahhh I see then. It's just the way they designed it then. So only heat comes out of the bottom and A/C comes out of the top it seems. I can live with it lol, it's just not ducted to both come out of the top or bottom at the same time the way I understand it?
Yes, on Auto and some other settings. If you want heat heat to come out of the top vent in the rear console, select a Mode that has an arrow pointing at the little dude's face.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts