Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been previously discussed. The rear A/C vents can easily be knocked out of place or damaged by the center headrest in the center seat. By trying, you can fold the seat down and also move the seat forward using the rear seat entry latch. In this position, the center headrest will reap havoc on the vents. The drivers seat will prevent this if it is in the full rearward position, but if positioned forward, the vents provide the stop for the seat movement and they just weren't meant to. BP

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think you should probably remove the headrests when you fold down the seat, much like you do with the third row. just stick the headrests on the floor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, the rear A/C vent louvers are ridiculously fragile. Ours have come loose about a dozen times from ordinary handling. Each time a little of the plastic breaks away from the socket too, so they become even more vulnerable. Not an example of Honda's best work.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Broken vents

Mine are actually broken. I wondered why I didn't catch that before I drove it home. Going to get Lo Jack installed tomorrow... maybe they can replace the vents too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Remove-Repair-Reinsert

I noticed the back row vents after the first week of owning my pilot. Now I find it a challange( you could call it a game) to repair them while driving. As soon as I get in the truck I reach back and see if there messed up. If they are, which is not often cause my wife dosen't usually put down the seat, I wait untill I get on a stright road and pop the whole vent insert out of it's housing (push up and pull out from the bottom), I put it on my lap and snap the louvers back into place. Meanwhile my wife is looking at me like I have six heads. :confused: Carefully reach back and reinsert. Done. I smile with a look of satisfaction, because I just proved to my wife I can do more than one thing at a time, and she just rolls her eyes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mugen660, you may have just found the latest craze. People have LONG been awaiting for an answer to the Rubik's Cube. The Pilot Vent could be enjoyed by kids on long trips. It requires dexterity, planning, and a steady hand. And look, as current Pilot owners we get two factory installed game pieces! Woohoo! The benefits of this great vehicle just keep coming.

:D

Chris

·
Registered
395 Posts
slightly off topic:

I've discovered that, while driving the Pilot, if I rest my right arm back far enough, I can air-condition my elbow.

I'm surprised Car and Driver didn't pick up on this.
:5:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Len said:
slightly off topic:

I've discovered that, while driving the Pilot, if I rest my right arm back far enough, I can air-condition my elbow.

I'm surprised Car and Driver didn't pick up on this.
:5:
... and scratch the @*%& out of your arm on the sharp hard plastic at the rear of the console.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I called the dealership and they want to charge me almost $100 to get new AC Vents. Any tips on where to get 2003 Honda Pilot Parts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts