·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kemosabe said:
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

florida_guy: Click here

:D :D :D
Oops! Sorry. I plead overworkedness and Honda-Pilot.org deprivation as my excuses. :13:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
florida_guy said:

Oops! Sorry. I plead overworkedness and Honda-Pilot.org deprivation as my excuses. :13:
:p You are forgiven, young apprentice... :D

Hopefully, this project from he11 of yours at work will be over and your users decide to just bag it!!! :4: :17:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
groundhog day!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
florida_guy said:
Don't feel bad, I only saw it for the first time yesterday in howardbuck's post (#5 on kemosabe's list).

By the way, I haven't seen this discussed yet in any of the other threads, but that ad shows what is known as a "Rube Goldberg machine". (another example would be the "Mouse Trap" game)

For 55 years Goldberg's award-winning cartoons satirized machines and gadgets which he saw as excessive. His cartoons combined simple machines and common household items to create complex, wacky, and diabolically logical machines that accomplished mundane and trivial tasks.

His inventions became so widely known that Webster's Dictionary added "rube goldberg" to its listing, defining it as "accomplishing by extremely complex, roundabout means what seemingly could be done simply."

Attachments

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
by Milton Bradley

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ramirami said:
groundhog day!!!!:D
I love the movie. I've seen it a number of times.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TheWorm said:
Welcome to last week :D
Thanks. Actually I've pretty much been completely out of touch with everythiing for a bit over a month. :bonk:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
tim.s said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

By the way, I haven't seen this discussed yet in any of the other threads, but that ad shows what is known as a "Rube Goldberg machine". (another example would be the "Mouse Trap" game)

tim.s: I really enjoy seeing the nifty stuff people come up with... one of my favorites is this "animated" 10-step process to fill a glass with water... :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome back florida_guy! Yeah someone posted this the other day and it got locked, which I can't understand why because when I did a search nothing came up. Oh well, I guess I will never learn how the search engine on this forum works.

Anyway, question for you all out there. This commercial is supposedly all real and not computer generated. I just almost believed it all except for the part when the tires go up the ramp. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FLPilot said:
Welcome back florida_guy!
Thanks. I see lot's of folks got animated aviators while I was away. What is your's doing? Eating his gun? Eating a donut?:)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
No not there yet, I haven't worked that many years that I would put my gun anywhere near my head...lol...just a nightstick. Although we don't carry those any more, now were carry these expandable batons.

I got a whole bunch of animated cop ones so I figured that I will start changing them up every few weeks. Also I thought I would start adding my MPG's and up date that every time I gas up (or at least every time I input it into my computer). We just have to find you a nice animated avitar now too. :4:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
How's it going, florida_guy?

florida_guy said:

Thanks. Actually I've pretty much been completely out of touch with everythiing for a bit over a month. :bonk:
I know what you mean about being out of touch, florida_guy. I'm just out from under a rush project at work that had me tied up since Friday before Memorial Day weekend. Have done nothing except eat occasionally (mostly fast food), sleep (some), and work at full speed every day and nearly every nite since then. I thought of you more than once during that time, and wondered how you've been able to keep at it even longer than my tour of duty!

It'll take me a little while to get re-oriented to what's going on here at good ol' Pilot.org. Still won't have much time for awhile...lots to get caught up on. Are you more-or-less "out from under," or is that project from He11 still hanging around?

:p :p :p

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
FLPilot said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

We just have to find you a nice animated avitar now too. :4:
How's this one??? It matches florida_guy's current one -- if you like it, I can make it smaller so that it fits better in the avatar slot... :D

P.S. Welcome back, Ziploc and colorider!!!!!!!!!!!!! :7:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:

How's this one??? It matches florida_guy's current one -- if you like it, I can make it smaller so that it fits better in the avatar slot... :D

What's up, Doc????? It's good to be back and more-or-less returning to normal (whatever that is!)

Hey, that's a pretty neat Bugs Bunny. Warner Bros. would surely approve, and I'm sure florida_guy, will, too!

I'm just popping in for a minute before hitting the sack....still need to do some catching up on sleep!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
kemosabe said:

:6: You are good!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: How's it going, florida_guy?

Ziploc said:

I know what you mean about being out of touch, florida_guy. I'm just out from under a rush project at work that had me tied up since Friday before Memorial Day weekend. Have done nothing except eat occasionally (mostly fast food), sleep (some), and work at full speed every day and nearly every nite since then. I thought of you more than once during that time, and wondered how you've been able to keep at it even longer than my tour of duty!

It'll take me a little while to get re-oriented to what's going on here at good ol' Pilot.org. Still won't have much time for awhile...lots to get caught up on. Are you more-or-less "out from under," or is that project from He11 still hanging around?

:p :p :p
I don't know if it's comforting to know I'm not the only one or not. :8:

I'm more or less out from under the big push now but there are still bits and pieces to do and then there is the back log of all the other stuff that wasn't getting done while I was working on this.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kemosabe said:

Great job Mr. President! :) I would be curious what it looks like in avatar size. Since it shows more of bugs it might be so small it can't be distinguished easily.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts