Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the ReadyLift KIT for my 2006 Pilot and I have a couple of questions for those familiar with this KIT.

When I received this KIT purchased from Amazon, and inspected all the parts I noticed a couple of (what I thought was) anomalies.

#1. The "rear" spacers don't have grooves like the picture in the installation instructions. It is solid.
#2. There was no Rear Shock Extensions in the package as stated on the instruction manual parts for the KIT.

I called Readylift and got mixed answers by one of their sales person. At first he told me that I definitely needed the Shock Extensions and that the Spacers I had were actually for a Dodge Ram 1500 pickup. He said they would send me those 2 parts overnight. Two days later and still no parts so I called them again and spoke to same person. This time he stated that the Shock Extensions are actually for 2009 Pilot and up and that my 2006 didn't need it. He said he would ship the other parts (Spacers) overnight. Next day I didn't receive the parts so I called again to which they said they had issues with their PC and so they were going to ship it overnight <=same story as a day earlier. Next day I receive the Spacers and to my surprise, they were exactly the same part I already had which they had claimed it was for a Dodge Pickup.

I called them again and this time they put me through to someone from the wearhouse not sales. This person told me these Spacers were the actual part I needed all along and the reason it didn't have grooves like the picture in the instructions is because the one with the grooves are for 2009 Pilot and up.

At this point I am very confused and frustrated. Don't want to do this with the wrong parts and put my family at risk. So I want to ask those who have done it. Which are the correct parts?

First image is what the spacer looks like.
Second image is the actual image for the KIT I purchased.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX RES
16 Posts
Boy, Ready Lift has you all twisted around. I've installed this kit on my '08, and here's the deal...

The kit you want is Ready Lift Part# 69-8010. If you have a 69-8020 (picture two in your post), that is the wrong kit for the '03-'08 Pilot. The '03-'08 Pilot (69-8010) does not need shock extenders, and it does not use the "toothed" (for lack of a better term) coil spring spacer. Furthermore, the replacement spacers they sent you aren't right either. The correct spacers can be seen in step 24 on p. 6 of the PDF I've attached. And a bit more clearly here.

When I was doing research on this kit I found that EVERY website selling the kit for the '03-'08 displays the wrong picture! It may say '03-'08 and "Part# 69-8010," but the picture will be of the 69-8020 kit. Ready Lift's OWN website doesn't even show the right parts...and the PDF that's attached there is wrong too! It's for the 69-8020, which is for '09+ Pilots. Unbelievable.

So, get in touch with the retailer from which you bought this kit, and if they say they sent you a kit for an '03-'08 Pilot, and you got a 69-8020, tell 'em they're wrong, and to send you a 69-8010. And use the instructions I've attached.

Oh, and order these, too: Camber Bolts. You'll probably need them at alignment time. (I did.)

Post back if you need more help. :29:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The '03-'08 Pilot (69-8010) does not need shock extenders, and it does not use the "toothed" (for lack of a better term) coil spring spacer.
This information is invaluable. I appreciate you clearing this up for me. :claphead:

Hmmm ok, so I guess they were right on #1 when they told me the 06 won't need the shock extender. On Monday I'm going to call them back with this and ask to speak to a manager or something so they can clear this up and send me the right part. This is crazy!

And thank you for also posting the right installation PDF. Not the one I was sent! And you're absolutely right, the picture they have is for the 69-8020 but I'm absolutely sure I bought the 69-8010.

Oh, and order these, too: Camber Bolts. You'll probably need them at alignment time. (I did.)
...Not sure if I should order these bolts now or wait until alignment time and let them take care of it if needed.

Again thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have this lift kit installed on my '03. If you take it in for an alignment, they will have to install the camber bolts. That would not be included in a normal alignment, so I imagine it would be a hefty premium. Since you're taking it apart to install the lift kit parts, I'd wait and do the camber bolts as well.

I've had the lift kit for a while now and love it. Good luck with the install and take your time when you pull apart the rear suspension.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX RES
16 Posts
Glad I could help!

As for camber bolts, some folks need 'em and some don't. My alignment guy said I needed them, so I was glad I proactively installed them. YMMV. The good news is that if you do need them most decent alignment shops will have them on-hand and can install them on-the-spot. (You might pay a bit more, however).

Anyway....best of luck on your project. Post a picture when it's done.

(My latest "excursion"...delivering two 300-gallon water totes for my son't Eagle Scout project. :smile:)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your Pilot looks awesome!

My kid is still a Bear on the cub scouts so he's got ways to go. LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad I could help!

As for camber bolts, some folks need 'em and some don't. My alignment guy said I needed them, so I was glad I proactively installed them. YMMV. The good news is that if you do need them most decent alignment shops will have them on-hand and can install them on-the-spot. (You might pay a bit more, however).

Anyway....best of luck on your project. Post a picture when it's done.

(My latest "excursion"...delivering two 300-gallon water totes for my son't Eagle Scout project. ?)

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX RES
16 Posts
Hey MM your pilot is sweeeet! May I ask what you did? LIft kit and 31" tires?
Hey Brokearrow,

You are correct, lift kit and 235/85 LT tires (pizza cutters!) on the stock rims. I also replaced the rear springs (they get pretty saggy), and the upper and lower spring isolators (thick rubber donut on top and thin plastic donut on bottom). I also installed an AirLift 1000 helper spring kit and on-board compressor. (Tremendously expensive, but I get a lot of use out of it, so...worth it). I also deleted the running boards and the mud flaps. Mud flap removal is what makes you go, "hmmm...I can't quite but my finger on it, but that Pilot looks different..."

That's about it. Largely cosmetic, but my friend who has the same exact Pilot can't follow me to some rocky mountain trailheads without dragging here and there.

-Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts