Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dang good point.....We'll have to wait and see.
...but if I was a bettin' man...I'd wager that they'll be the same.
Production and parts will already be in place and would be one less thing for them to do.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Same here. I don't like the push button gear selector. I don't like the auto-off thing that I'll want/need to disable EVERY time I start the car. And I'm not crazy about the 9-speed transmission. In fact, when I was set on buying a Pilot I was gonna get an EX-L since it has a 6-speed transmission, a regular gear shift, and no auto-off thing. BUT... I'm really starting to like other factors of the Passport so I might just have to deal with all of the above.
The 9 speed complaints seem to have gone away after Honda figured out the programming the first year or two... I'm assuming you will get used to the push button thing after a couple weeks and it will never bother you again (I know it would be weird but I'd be used to it quickly like other weird shifters out there)... The auto-off is probably my biggest issue at this point... I guess be happy they even gave you the ability to disable it, the new Traverse has no disable button.

I prefer a column shifter as well.
Me too! More space in the console. For as weird as the placement seems in our '15 Pilot it frees up a ton of space in the console.

Also, how about a column manual shift? My Impala is a 3 on the tree with unsynchronized first gear, that's a real treat to drive.

I'm assuming that both have the same spec/bolt pattern as the Passport?

I'll never say never but why waste the engineering time and carry more part numbers when you can take the engineering you've already performed and utilize it? Also, as far as I know (you can see my Honda vehicle history in my signature) every 5 lug Honda has used the same bolt pattern.

·
Super Moderator
15,151 Posts
Well the first Pilots and MDX were 5x114 and even the early years of the last gen MDX reverted back to that from 5x120.
We'll know soon enough.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am now leaning to trading in my 2015 Pilot Touring to either a Passport-Touring or Pilot-Touring (no Elite here in Canada).

I still love my boxy 2015 but the safety features, engine & others in these new models makes me seriously consider changing vehicles and I just hope I won't regret it. Waiting to test drive both 2019's then decide.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I am now leaning to trading in my 2015 Pilot Touring to either a Passport-Touring or Pilot-Touring (no Elite here in Canada).

I still love my boxy 2015 but the safety features, engine & others in these new models makes me seriously consider changing vehicles and I just hope I won't regret it. Waiting to test drive both 2019's then decide.
Sounds good! My wife (who drives the '15) strongly dislikes the new styling so has no interest in upgrading. She likes that hers has a "tougher" look and I like that it has more ground clearance than gen 1 or 3 for when we go camping or do other things...

·
Super Moderator
15,151 Posts
That's funny. I never warmed to the squared off second gen. Always loved the rounded corners of my first gen.

Been comparing the Passport to my first gen -currently thinking that the Passport is not as well packaged as the first gen despite being the same external size.

Passport prices are also higher but so is spec. It also has some weird and expensive option packages...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Drove the passport on Friday, not officially for sale until today. Drove like a pilot, maybe a little tighter than a pilot, but not a lot of difference other than the 20" wheels. I like the bigger opening in the rear, but there were no deals to be had on the car. Dealer want d msrp and I was not doing that. Came to 43500 all in for an exl awd. No thanks. So , instead I bought a 2019 pilot exl, several thousand cheaper and was priced well below invoice. I saw zero value in the passport.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dealer where we bought our '19 Pilot has quite a few Passports on the lot as of this past weekend. I like the blacked out grille and window moldings. Would have been cool if they put them on 17" wheels for a taller sidewall to match the more butch softroad persona it's supposed to have. If I didn't need the extra room in the Pilot I would have waited for the deals to roll in on a Passport in a few months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was considering the Passport until they announced the standard 20 inch wheels. Now I will just go back to deciding between a 4Runner or Tacoma. Pretty boneheaded to market something as an off-road capable vehicle and then only offer 20 inch wheels.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts