Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Group Buys from Hondacuraworld - No More

NOTE: The other thread from Admin was closed so it would accept no replies so I started a new thread.

My question for Tim and/or Daniel: Although the Group Buys were 'loosely organized', what exactly were the issues you are trying to address by replacing them with Featured Buys?

I always thought that the Group Buys were a fun 'community' building event. I think the interest and excitement will be missed. They were certainly less 'corporate' which is why I enjoyed watching them.

The new Featured Buys may not solve whatever the problems are with the Group Buys. New debates, polls, etc. will be started about what should be the next Featured Buy.

Sorry to see the Group Buys go, but alas, maybe this is progress.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Is the acuramdx.org board going to implement the same "Featured Buy" policy? Or are they staying status quo? How are GBs handled over on that board? Is it less of a free for all? :confused:

And since I'm asking about the MDX board, what about the other boards that have current group buys @hondacurawworld:
  • www.hondaelement.org
  • www.acuraworld.com
  • www.hondacr-v.org
  • www.driveaccord.net
Is it just honda-pilot.org that is having confusion with the GB "system"??? :8:

I can see how trying to keep up with SIX group buys from SIX different boards can be confusing... :17:

·
Registered
3 Posts
group buy change

Am I to assume that this applies retroactively to those of us who just signed up for the running board group buy. If so I am not a fan of the bait and switch approach. Hopefully, Tim will reconcile this in the spirit of maintaining this very loyal consumer base.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I'm all for group buys (hey, I even programmed a special group buy feature), but it looks like hondacuraworld is having hard time coping with so many group buys at the same time. I hope that this switch is temporary.

There is no change in the group buy policy for acuramdx.org, since there aren't any group buys on the go. I bet that if mdx site was doing as many group buys as this site does, this policy would apply as well.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
admin said:
I'm all for group buys (hey, I even programmed a special group buy feature), but it looks like hondacuraworld is having hard time coping with so many group buys at the same time. I hope that this switch is temporary.

There is no change in the group buy policy for acuramdx.org, since there aren't any group buys on the go. I bet that if mdx site was doing as many group buys as this site does, this policy would apply as well.
It's kind of a catch-22, right admin? Many here are excited about the group buys and it helps out Tim and company, but too much enthusiasm here causes confusion at Ray Laks Honda!!! I guess we needed to find a balance...!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Re: group buy change

jayhnsy said:
Am I to assume that this applies retroactively to those of us who just signed up for the running board group buy. If so I am not a fan of the bait and switch approach. Hopefully, Tim will reconcile this in the spirit of maintaining this very loyal consumer base.
Let's clarify things here a bit.

1. First off, I'm pretty offended by the above comment. Since when have I ever employed any dishonest dealings? Bait and switch? No. If I recall correctly, nobody consulted me before posting the current boards GB. I was away on vacation, and down with computer problems, and people just ran with it.

2. I get a lot of emails regarding the GB process, what's on GB, and people complaining that I don't put all group buys up as they happen. Hell, I can't even keep them straight.

Basically, here is a situation where I'd rather put up one item per month as we started to do way back when. Basically, I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.....either way while trying to improve the system, I come out looking like the bad guy here. I don't get it......

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: group buy change

hondacuraworld said:

Basically, here is a situation where I'd rather put up one item per month as we started to do way back when. Basically, I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.....either way while trying to improve the system, I come out looking like the bad guy here. I don't get it......
I can understand what you mean..

but how do you plan do decide on what to have on a feature buy each month. Does'nt really make sence if you have something which no one wants....

do you want to do a poll for that each month...:p

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
The idea as it's worked for over 2 and a half years on www.acuramdx.org is that generally everything's taken its turn. Since I can see what's popular by my sales reports, I can use those as a guide to judge what's good and what's a "dog". For example, you won't see me putting fender flares for the Pilot on special anytime soon, because they just don't sell.

Folks, all I want to do is put a system in place that will work well for you and me. It works best when we can work together. Can you guys work with me?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
The idea as it's worked for over 2 and a half years on www.acuramdx.org is that generally everything's taken its turn. Since I can see what's popular by my sales reports, I can use those as a guide to judge what's good and what's a "dog". For example, you won't see me putting fender flares for the Pilot on special anytime soon, because they just don't sell.

Folks, all I want to do is put a system in place that will work well for you and me. It works best when we can work together.
Sounds like a man with a mission!!! :) Let's roll with this plan -- if it works well on acuramdx.org, then it should work just fine here on honda-pilot.org, too!!! :29:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tim, just a suggestion... Since there're already over 10 people signed up for running boards, which seems to be the most popular wanted sofar, why not make it the 'Featured Buy' in May or June?

·
Registered
283 Posts
sounds like a good idea to me. It makes it less confusing for Tim. Since in the group buys you have people jumping in and out of them daily. Why should anyone have to base a profit margin on something that is so erratic? This way we still get a deal on an accessory each month and it's a lot simpler for Tim.

Keep up the good work Tim. And thanks for all the deals you give us!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hell, I give tim and his company a great deal of credit for doing all they have. I don't see any other dealers hanging around here and putting up with all this BS. Frankly, being the type of vindictive person that I am, jayhnsy would be getting nothing at a discount. :mad:

They really do offer some of the best prices around, regardless, especially with the free shipping. So I'm for whatever system they want to go with. If I need something, I'll be buying from them, period.

Just my .02

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'd have to agree with you about hondacuraworld, Qbrozen. They have been nothing but professional and courteous with my orders. Like you said, they monitor this site as well as others and contribute to our issues, problems, etc. I'd give 'em a break!

Just MY .02! :D

Tim, if you keep giving us the quality service that you do, you'll always have me as a customer!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
hondacuraworld said:

Folks, all I want to do is put a system in place that will work well for you and me. It works best when we can work together. Can you guys work with me?
sounds good..lets go for it...I am sure if it works there..will work here too..:D :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
ya'll get along now.. ya hear...

In fairness to everyone (especially Tim) I did notice yesterday on this home page that there were no group buys currently running on this board. Confused, I called Tim to inquire about process and procedure with his folks. Tim was very frustrated and I can now appreciate why. Be that as it may, Tim stated he would be updating the specials area of his website as soon as he possibly can. I am definately interested in the running boards and selfishly would like to see those be run for the rest of May as I posted interest in the now closed thread. I think if we can all follow the rules (which I'm sure will be clearly posted on both sites, hint, hint, hint, we will all be better off... nuf said -- and no I'm not soliciting business for Tim. I just remember wearing those shoes upon one of my past lives in the Dealership environment... :2:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Tim,

I for one and many others out here on the board appreciate all you have done. No system is perfect, and as everyone knows, you can't please everyone all the time.

My suggestion is to either go with a poll for the featured buy, or if you ever go back to group buys, before someone can start one, you must post a reply oking the buy before it is started.

I don't know how you keep up with this board alone, much less the other ones. I think featured buys will work, but I get the feeling that if a lot of people want a particular accessory, the ability to relay to you to so we can get that featured sooner would be great.

Thanks for all your efforts.

ncelk

·
Registered
483 Posts
group buys

Hello Tim, I am a pretty new member who currently is participating in my first group buy, the sidesteps. I actually I got some enjoyment (I must need to get a life) out of joining in with other members and trying to get to 10 to "qualify" for the group buy. It really isnt the 10 percent that I'm saving although I do like to save where ever possible but it was more of participating in the group buy that I enjoyed.

Personsally, I dont think I would want to wait each month to see what is going to be the group special, for instance if I am interested in crossbars, how am I going to know when they will come up in the featured special, for a 10% savings and perhaps a prolonged wait for the item to "come up" I think most will just buy it and get them when they want rather than wait for the special.

I'm sorry to hear about your frustation with our group buys, I hope this change is not caused by a few of our members because I think I can speak for the majority (this is from every thing that I have read about you throughout this forum) is that you are well respected and appreciated for all that you have done for us!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hondacuraworld Rocks!

Tim -

I appreciate your specials and your high level of service and free shipping. If you implement an easier way of doing the specials, we all need to support that. No other Honda dealer in the USA is doing what you are doing for us. I have bought three accessories from Hondacuraworld.com (two were group buys) and am VERY happy with the price and outstanding service.

Keep up the good work and please know that most of us on honda-pilot.org appreciate you and the specials that you run.:2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Personally, 1 months is too long for an item to be the featured buy. How about two weeks.
How about a rule that you can't have the same item consecutively.

·
Registered
483 Posts
glodino said:
Personally, 1 months is too long for an item to be the featured buy. How about two weeks.
How about a rule that you can't have the same item consecutively.
Ditto that

1 - 20 of 54 Posts