Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any electrical wizards out there that know how to wire the pin outs on the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver) so the doors will automatically lock when the car is put in gear and unlock in Park? I did this mod to my Impala SS with the help of a fellow SS Club member. It was straightforward and fairly easy, as long as you knew the pin combo on which to solder the jumper wire.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Wait a few days

Just ordered the ELectrical Trouble shooting Manual (ETM).
When it gets here I will look.
No guarenties, as it might be a multiplexed signal.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Whoa, too technical !

:confused:

What about wiring it so that it is triggered by speed .... ?

PrG

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Speed, thats even harder.
At least there is a park.neutral switch you could use to triger the locks.
Speed would take some creation.
Or maybe not. I believe there is a lock out that prevents puting the car in reverse when going over 3MPH.
(so I have heard on the CR-V at least).
If that is true, the same signal would be just about right for locking the doors.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Could it be as simple as routing an aftermarket door lock module from an alarm into the PILOT's system ? My last car had an aftermarket alarm installed that would engage the door locks automatically 5 sec after the ignition was turned on, and unlock once the engine was turned off. I think it was a module, but it could have been built into the actual alarm brain itself ...

PrG

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Maybe

As auto electronics have evolved modifying the systems has become more difficult.
Some control lines just need 12V or ground to activate. Some need a specific resistance or voltage to get one of several functions. Some send digital commands between modules.
Our cars are a combination of all of these, so it can take some digging to find out how best to do something like this.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Saturday I went down to the local car audio shop and made some inquiries ... The owner, Jimmy, was very helpful but when I mentioned this was the new HONDA PILOT, he said that the new HONDAs and Toyotas have alarm systems so deeply integrated into the vehicle electrical system that they are unbypassable. His recommendation was to leave the alarm alone. This is kind of off the subject, but sounded like good advice ... Perhaps he was attempting to gain my trust and some credibility while trying to sell me a $2200.00 DVD system ...

I took the advice ... but passed on the DVD system ... I'm sure he's cursing me right now ...

PrG

·
Registered
664 Posts
Maybe it could operate on my brain waves and when I think the doors locked it would happen. Wait a minute, that's my finger locking the door.

Never mind, next post....

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Alarms (PRG)

The system is fairly integrated, but not so much that someone with knowlege shoudl not have a problem.
I think there are a lot of 1/2 knowlegable people in the auto accessory business. At least that guy knew when he got to the end of his knowlege, that is twice as smart as some!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I agree ...

Fortunately I was born the day before yesterday, not yesterday.

PrG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts