Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm very new here, and my wife and I just purchased a 2003 Pilot with Navigation. We're both huge Sirius satellite radio addicts, and I'm going to be installing the receiver from our old car into the Pilot.

What I'm wondering is whether or not there are RCA inputs on the factory Navi stereo? I'd MUCH rather use a direct connection as opposed to an FM modulated one.

If there are NO RCA jacks, does anyone know if there is an antenna wire junction anywhere *before* the radio itself? I know in a lot of cars that there is a junction near where the antenna enters the car, but I don't even know where the standard radio antenna is on this thing! :D

Any help or insight I could get would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

--Jim.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I believe a PIE adapter would work to give you RCA inputs to the head unit. It wouldn't supply power, though. Take a look at http://www.pie.net

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
feckman said:
If there are NO RCA jacks, does anyone know if there is an antenna wire junction anywhere *before* the radio itself? I know in a lot of cars that there is a junction near where the antenna enters the car, but I don't even know where the standard radio antenna is on this thing!
If you haven't already noticed, the FM antenna is in the rear right window glass. There is an antenna amplifier inside the headliner above the window. Essentially, the window antenna plugs into the amplifier and then the FM co-axial cable from the radio plugs into the amplifier. This might work well if you are considering a roof mount antenna.

Please see this thread for more information and a schematic.
Here's another diagram of the component locations.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hey Jim,

If you want RCA jacks for XM or Sirius, all you need to purchase is the Blitzsafe&#8482 HON/AUX DMX V.1 interface. You can purchase it
Here for $ 69.95 + shipping.

The Blitzsafe&#8482 HON/AUX DMX V.1 Auxiliary Input Converter converts the CD Changer port of your OEM factory radio into an auxiliary input. With this converter installed, you can connect any device that has RCA outputs directly to your Honda radio without using an FM modulator. The HON/AUX DMX V.1 is compatible with all 1998 - 2003 models with the 14-pin connector at the rear of the headunit. NOT compatible with the 2003 Accord.

I am partial to the Blitzsafe&#8482 interface over the PIE interface. Another honda-pilot.org member had problems with his PIE interface here. I have a Blitzsafe&#8482 interface that has worked like a charm with my XM & CD Changer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: RCA Jacks on Factory Stereo (with Navi)

SteveLuman said:
I am partial to the Blitzsafe&#8482 interface over the PIE interface. Another honda-pilot.org member had problems with his PIE interface here. I have a Blitzsafe&#8482 interface that has worked like a charm with my XM & CD Changer.
Thanks to everyone who replied! One question for SteveLuman -- it sounds like you have both, a CD Changer and satellite radio. Is that right? Can that be done with this converter?

I think that I'm going to go this route -- taking down the headliner does NOT sound appealing to me. Those things are usually such a PITA!

Thanks again!

--Jim.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Re: Re: RCA Jacks on Factory Stereo (with Navi)

feckman said:

Thanks to everyone who replied! One question for SteveLuman -- it sounds like you have both, a CD Changer and satellite radio. Is that right? Can that be done with this converter?

I think that I'm going to go this route -- taking down the headliner does NOT sound appealing to me. Those things are usually such a PITA!

Thanks again!

--Jim.
Yes, I have the Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX PIO V.1 dual interface

(connects the Alpine CHA-S634 Changer

and the Pioneer GEX903XM

system) without modulation. All power, ignition, ground, etc. leads are built into the interface.

Just plug the interface into the 14-pin CD Changer port on the rear of the head unit. The Changer M-Bus cable, XM power cable and IP-Bus cable plug into the interface. If you are using an AiNet changer like the 634, you will also need a KCA-130B ($9.95 at Circuit City) to go between the Changer cable & the interface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts