Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone else talking about this, but maybe I just missed it. (?)

I've often noticed a rattle coming from the rear of the interior of my Pilot. Today I looked back there and found the culprit. The "button" on the right side seat belt that keeps the buckle from sliding all the way down to the floor has it resting against the side of the storage compartment instead. On the left side, the button is down lower so the buckle doesn't rattle against anything. I raised the seat and extended the belt out of its retractor far enough to lay the buckle down on the seat, then closed the seat. This should take care of the rattle.

The rattle wasn't loud or anything, but it was annoying in a vehicle that's otherwise so smooth and quiet. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Extensively Discussed

If you do a search, I believe you find those back seat belts including the "button" location extensively discussed. The ultimate solution is not to leave them connected to their anchors when folding the thrid seat but rather putting them into their storage positions. There are some nuances involved.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think one of us is misinterpreting what the other is saying. Not sure if it's you or me!

I'm not talking about either of the center seat belts that have storage positions in the ceiling. I'm talking about the right side seat belt in the third row of seats. As far as I know, there is no way to disconnect this from its anchor. The storage compartment that the buckle is rattling against is the one that would be next to your right leg if you sat in that seat (by the cup-holder).

When the third row seat is folded down (usually, in my case), the seat belt runs from the retractor in the D pillar down through the seam at the side of the folded-down seat, and the buckle rests partway down the belt at just the right (wrong) height to jangle against that storage compartment on the side wall of the vehicle.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Bill,

You can disconnect all the 3rd row seat belts. :rolleyes:

For disconnecting the side seat belts on the third row insert you key into the little groove where the belt is anchored. Lo and behold it will come off anf you can then fold the buckle in the webbing.

The manual actually say that if you have the seat folded then keep the belts disconnected....:D :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Release in the Anchor

As ramirami noted, there's a release in the anchors [press in with your key or other similar object] of the two outboard third row seatbelts that will allow you to disconnect the belts completely from the third seat and store them "on" the rear pillars near the retractors. The right rear belt's "button" is not ideally placed, however, and so enters the nuance which has been discussed [with pictures] in some early threads. Seems to me the owners' manual wasn't vividly clear on all this and some of us reached this conclusion through trial and error versus detailed research ! As an aside, for the ceiling [center belt] holders, make sure both the "fixed" and "sliding" belt tabs go into their respective ceiling "slots" for each belt or the belts will have a tendancy to pop out while driving.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! I learned something new! I did read the manual when I took delivery and I don't remember this at all, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

By the way, I did do a search before posting and nothing relating to this came up. I guess I didn't use the right keywords.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bill

Bill, try searching on "rear passenger seat belts" if you want more info, but you probably already have the info you need now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bill Balmer said:
I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone else talking about this, but maybe I just missed it. (?)

I've often noticed a rattle coming from the rear of the interior of my Pilot. Today I looked back there and found the culprit. The "button" on the right side seat belt that keeps the buckle from sliding all the way down to the floor has it resting against the side of the storage compartment instead.

Exactly. This is what is causing the seatbelt bracket to rattle when there is a song on the radio with any kind of bass to it. Annoying, so I just leave the seat up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts