Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone is experiencing a rattling noise when the car is on Drive and brake are pressed. The car has only 400 miles. I just noticed today when I drove the wife car to get her windows tinted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Where does it sound like it's coming from (inside, outside, brakes)? How long does it last? Does it stop when the car stops?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your interior cabin air filter behind the glove box to see if it’s seated properly and also get your head down in the passenger foot area and see if the blower motor is making that noise.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check it today when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have that same noise in my 2018 Exl. It does not happen in neutral or park, only in drive and reverse. I'll check the above suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Touring and mine does this as well. You can actually hear it outside the vehicle while it is running. It seems more noticeable when its colder, but still makes the noise consistently. It seems to be coming from the Drivers side front area. Honda had it for 2 hours and said they found nothing, and of course when we drove it with the service guy it didn't make the noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2018 Touring and mine does this as well. You can actually hear it outside the vehicle while it is running. It seems more noticeable when its colder, but still makes the noise consistently. It seems to be coming from the Drivers side front area. Honda had it for 2 hours and said they found nothing, and of course when we drove it with the service guy it didn't make the noise.
Check tranny fluid level. Most of these vehicles come from factory with fluid level barely in safety range! Just like your antifreeze is barely above the min mark. Only thing I can think of is they can save money on fluids to barely in the safe range. Just a thought. Good Luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts