Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so who has experienced this problem? It has been described as sounding like a Ping-Pong ball in the back or a Golf Ball rolling around in the back cup-holder, or just a rattle noise that is NOT gas tank sloshing.

This problem, as you all know, has a "most interesting" thread in the "Problems" forum, but a simple yes or no would do fine here.

For me the answer is "YES". But only under certain circumstances(some bumps and some uneven roads).

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't experienced this or the scrunch and my cargo cover is working fine.

Evergreen

·
Registered
94 Posts
How to listen for the Rattle!

Turn off the radio and the climate control.

Drive over a quiet moderately bumpy side road at 15-20 mph.

Listen for a rattling from the right rear wheel well area as you go over the bumps.

You will hear it the most when there is are a number of moderate bumps in a row.

It sounds/feels like a rattle caused by the wheel/shock movement and is clearly there above and beyond the regular tire noise.

It sound like "tuk tuk tuk", "tuk tuk tuk".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Four doors a scrunchin'
Three service advisors
Two saggy front seats
And a rattle from the right rear!

GGRRRRR!

That rattle sounds like a golf ball in the right rear door pocket.

The scrunch? Oh it just sounds like the Devil.

Dallas

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: How to listen for the Rattle!

ablatt said:
Turn off the radio and the climate control.

Drive over a quiet moderately bumpy side road at 15-20 mph.

Listen for a rattling from the right rear wheel well area as you go over the bumps.

You will hear it the most when there is are a number of moderate bumps in a row.

It sounds/feels like a rattle caused by the wheel/shock movement and is clearly there above and beyond the regular tire noise.

It sound like "tuk tuk tuk", "tuk tuk tuk".
Took the Pilot out this morning, on NYC roads. I drove froward, and backward, on smooth and rough, concrete and asphalt, hit a pothole that would swallow an Accord, went over some speed bumps, kept the climate control off, tried seats down and up, drove in right circles and left circles, applied gentle brakes over bumps and found--nothing. Not a rattle, creak, scrunch, jingle, tuk tuk tuk...nada.

It's a good thing, too. I hate car rattles and squeaks. Ablatt, I feel your frustration, but I don't feel your rattle. I hope you find the source and cure it.:(

·
Registered
94 Posts
macbeth

Consider yourself lucky, macbeth.

You are part of the 60% in this small poll so far, that does not have the rattle.

But if the 40% number holds up for those of us that do, that's pretty high.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fasten all 4 screws to the rear license plate holder!!
Noticed the noise when driving back from the dealership, there were only two (top) screws holding the temporary tag. Drove back to the dealership the next morning and got all 4 screws. No more rattling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts