Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 pilot makes a motorcycle type sound when I accelerate, but not if I accelerate slowly, and only in 1st gear. It just started a couple days ago and seems to be coming from the passenger side in the engine compartment. It has 206,000 miles on it and other than this is pretty sound. Any help would be very appreciated. Hoping it's a cheap fix.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Not sure yet, but how did you get in this forum? 19+ Passports? Not that it matter really.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Without a sound byte, and considering the milage, my fear would be timing belt tensioner failure. If it's this, it will destroy the engine if not fixed.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
You must show your Passport to enter here. :)

But if it's a Pilot, I'd start by looking at tensioners. Sooner rather than later. But do post a video so we can hear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idk lol. I couldnt figure out how to change where I was posting. Im not good with maneuvering on the internet
You must show your Passport to enter here. :)

But if it's a Pilot, I'd start by looking at tensioners. Sooner rather than later. But do post a video so we can hear.
From what I've been seeing I gotta agree with the tensioner. I appreciate the input.... and sorry I forgot to show my "passport" lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts