Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CD changer in and it seems like you can only set the random setting for each individual CD that you are listening to at that time.

Does anyone know away to set RDM for the whole 6 disk magazine? I did read the manual, and it did not say anything about this. Kind of odd if it does not since the Alpine in my BMW does.

I can live without it, but it would a nice setting to have.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't know the answer, but maybe you can answer something I've always wondered:

What is the attraction to the "random" feature in the first place? I just don't see it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd love to get the CD changer for the pilot, but am concerned with postings on other threads that say the random function won't shuffle the discs, rather, just randomly select songs from one disc.

If that is indeed the case, I think I'll put an aftermarket changer in that also gives a better display with song times and allows you to name cds. And, of course, shuffles the discs.

I think its pointless to get a changer that won't shuffle the discs. I love putting a bunch of discs in and having random songs play. It's like listening to a radio playing only artists that you like. That's the attraction, and to me, the necessity of having random play.

Hoping to get some clarification from those that have this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, it looks like that is the way it is setup only one disk at at time for random setting. Kind of a bummer. Now you would think since it is an Alpine that you would be able to do that.

I putting in music that fits the drive and set it to random. I guess I will be burning some music for my next road trip. (I think this part answers the question from the post before.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts