Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my case the noise come only from the speakers (not randomly from underneath the dashboard) and when I‘m in a bumpy road. I’m starting to wonder at what point I should just live with it. They already ripped the dashboard open twice...

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
In my case the noise come only from the speakers (not randomly from underneath the dashboard) and when I‘m in a bumpy road. I’m starting to wonder at what point I should just live with it. They already ripped the dashboard open twice...
Live with it? Wait until your displays start going blank while you're driving. You'll give up on that idea real quick...

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is the lemon law like in your state? In NC in theory after 4 or more attempts of trying to fix an issue you already qualify to have the car replaced or a refund, but not sure how easy is to make it happen even after meeting the requirements.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
What is the lemon law like in your state? In NC in theory after 4 or more attempts of trying to fix an issue you already qualify to have the car replaced or a refund, but not sure how easy is to make it happen even after meeting the requirements.
I'm sure I qualify now, after five repair attempts. I'm debating my next step.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its quite troubling that Honda has not yet found a permanent repair for this problem. The latest TSB suggests they are focusing on MOST bus connectors as the root cause.
Assuming Honda is using industry standard connectors, this should not be a design flaw. Maybe a manufacturing problem during vehicle build or cable supplier quality issue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its quite troubling that Honda has not yet found a permanent repair for this problem. The latest TSB suggests they are focusing on MOST bus connectors as the root cause.
Assuming Honda is using industry standard connectors, this should not be a design flaw. Maybe a manufacturing problem during vehicle build or cable supplier quality issue.
I don't get why people don't read and just comment as I've mentioned I kind of fixed it before. I have found a solution that works for me, remove the infotainment and dvd, wrap the conenctors (red and green) in tessa or electrical tape, double wrap them all the way to the connectors twice. I have a feeling (complete guess) that is has something to do with interferance from the signals or the gound was not as strong or is stronger compared to when the car was bought new now that the battery may or may have a weaker ground. Again this is just a guess. I wrapped it once and it was fine for a week then I notice a crackle here and there, then I removed everything and double wrapped it and now it has been going good for a few days.

This only happens with bluetooth so far.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
My service writer puts half of blame on whoever Honda's supplier is for the infotainment gear and the other half on Honda for not testing it thoroughly before going with it. I think that's a fair assessment.

Mine still seems to only be doing it when using the phone via Bluetooth. Happens with both my S10 and my wife's S7. I drove it yesterday and got the crackling and popping while using the phone, and then my wife drove to work last night and home this morning. On both trips she made calls and experienced the crackling and popping only when on the phone via BT. Both phones are fine in our other three family vehicles - two Nissans and a Dodge.

Lets see, first it was the rear entertainment connections. Then it was the DVD/Blu-Ray. After that, it was the dash cluster and center stack. Then it was the amplifier. So now, I think they need to look at the Bluetooth module and associated wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, is the cracking sound gone completely? Is the fix still working?
Sorry I've been MIA on this site and completely forgot. Can't find the paperwork, but I can say no issues at all since getting fixed.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts