Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
mohsha, we also were told we needed the new wiring harness, and Honda corporate told our dealership that the harness would not be in until December. We contacted Honda corporate - check out https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/honda/ for the primary contact person and sent an email to that individual explaining our issues and that we needed the part prior to leaving on a cross country trip with the vehicle in less than a month. They overnighted the part to our dealership within a few days after our contact. Picking up our Pilot tomorrow, fingers crossed that this will correct the issues for good.
I hope it works for you. Keep us posted. I'm going to make a few videos this week of my Pilot doing the snap, crackle, pop routine and take it back in for service again Saturday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mohsha, we also were told we needed the new wiring harness, and Honda corporate told our dealership that the harness would not be in until December. We contacted Honda corporate - check out https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/honda/ for the primary contact person and sent an email to that individual explaining our issues and that we needed the part prior to leaving on a cross country trip with the vehicle in less than a month. They overnighted the part to our dealership within a few days after our contact. Picking up our Pilot tomorrow, fingers crossed that this will correct the issues for good.
Thanks Flowergal for the information. I will do the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update! Honda replaced the wiring harness in the dash. Noise seems to have stopped for now but it has only been 2 days. Now my rear wiper doesn’t work. Back to the dealer. I have spent so much time at the dealership the past 6 weeks! So frustrating!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wondering if anyone else hears a random Electrical Snap/Crack sound, every now & then? I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes it to happen but I hear it quite often. It's one single crack/pop and then won't do it again for several minutes.

It happens whether the radio is on or off. We also thought there might be some kind of interference with the Bluetooth & my iPhone. I've turned off my phone completely and I still hear it randomly.

I am taking it in for warranty work later today and wondering if anyone else experiences this as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wondering if anyone else hears a random Electrical Snap/Crack sound, every now & then? I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes it to happen but I hear it quite often. It's one single crack/pop and then won't do it again for several minutes.

It happens whether the radio is on or off. We also thought there might be some kind of interference with the Bluetooth & my iPhone. I've turned off my phone completely and I still hear it randomly.

I am taking it in for warranty work later today and wondering if anyone else experiences this as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update! Honda replaced the wiring harness in the dash. Noise seems to have stopped for now but it has only been 2 days. Now my rear wiper doesn’t work. Back to the dealer. I have spent so much time at the dealership the past 6 weeks! So frustrating!
Wondering if that took care of the issue or the snapping noise came back ? I have a 2019 touring and I am experiencing the same :(

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Wondering if that took care of the issue or the snapping noise came back ? I have a 2019 touring and I am experiencing the same :(
I am hoping for an update as well. I decided to install a dashcam I had lying around here. It's on a cupholder mount pointing up at the windshield and dash. My wife is driving the car as usual and will make notes of the times when she gets the snap, crackle, and pop noises. Based on the times she notes, I am going to collect the corresponding recordings from the memory card in the camera and compile it all on a CD or a USB flash drive to give to the dealer. I don't plan on taking it back in until I have several documented events.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes! The noise has stopped for now. Fingers crossed! It did take the dealership 3 times in to make the call to replace the wiring harness. I would push them to do this first. The harness is on backorder.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I've got an appointment tomorrow at the dealer, I've got my USB drive here with recordings from the dashcam that demonstrate the noise. I'm leaving the Pilot and they are giving me a loaner, which I plan on keeping until they have an answer beyond resetting my head unit.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I've got an appointment tomorrow at the dealer, I've got my USB drive here with recordings from the dashcam that demonstrate the noise. I'm leaving the Pilot and they are giving me a loaner, which I plan on keeping until they have an answer beyond resetting my head unit.
Here's my latest update: I took the Pilot in yesterday, had a different service writer so I had to explain it all again. I gave him the USB drive with the dashcam recordings. He said they didn't have any loaners left to give me. I will address that issue separately at a later time. So I waited while they checked it out. I at least wanted them to acknowledge the problem and then we could go from there. Last time, I could tell they weren't taking me seriously. About 20 minutes later the service writer came and found me and asked me to take a ride with the mechanic. I did, and as soon as I sat down the mechanic asked me to describe the noise. I asked him if he watched the videos. What videos? :censored: I showed him the thumb drive that was on the keyring and explained there were numerous instances of the problem recorded by my dashcam.

We took a drive and it happened right away, before we even got off the property. He got to hear multiple instances of the popping on our 10 minute drive. We got back to the dealership and I could tell the service writer was hoping that the mechanic would say he didn't hear anything. Mechanic told him that it's just as I describe. At that point the service writer turned into Ralph Kramden (homina, homina, homina). So, now they are going to call Honda and see what they should do next. I've got an appointment to take it back in next week and they will have a loaner for me, and are going to keep it as long as necessary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the new wiring harness installed 2 weeks ago and the noise is gone completely. Had to wait for weeks for the harness to arrive as it was on backorder.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I got the new wiring harness installed 2 weeks ago and the noise is gone completely. Had to wait for weeks for the harness to arrive as it was on backorder.
Glad to hear it. I am hoping my dealer doesn't screw around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my dash harness replaced at the dealership a week and a half ago and seems to have fixed this issue. Took them 8 days from start to finish, but had a loaner CRV which was nice.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Had my dash harness replaced at the dealership a week and a half ago and seems to have fixed this issue. Took them 8 days from start to finish, but had a loaner CRV which was nice.
Glad to hear a second case where the wiring harness fixed it.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Pilot has been at dealer since Tuesday. Got a text update Wednesday that said Honda corporate has the tech checking the harness inch by inch. Today, got another text that just said they are still working on it and to keep the loaner through the weekend (which was the plan all along - they wrote up the paperwork for us to have the loaner through 12/3 - I expect it will be longer). BTW, the loaner is a CIvix coupe (EX I think), pretty spartan but it has a sunroof.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Got another update... Service writer called today and said tech went through entire harness and found nothing and did everything Honda coprorate techs wanted done in terms of checking all the pin connections, etc. After they put it back together tech took it out for a drive. The vehicle is still doing snap, crackle, pop routine. They are waiting for further directive from Honda. In the meantime, we're getting swapped out of the Civic and into an Odyssey loaner tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could MOHSHA and/or PILOTEER480 please provide the description and part number of the wiring harness? Maybe even a photo of the invoice with this info on it. Also, did they say why they thought the wiring harness would work? Not sure if it's ok/allowed to share the dealer info publicly here, if not, could you please PM it to me in case my Honda dealer needs to call them for info.

We have a 2020 Honda Pilot Elite. I disconnected the (A-pillar/windshield) tweeter wires on Monday (after consulting with the dealer), and the noise from the windshield area is gone, but it's still by my feet (coming from the door speakers), which is nice to have discovered because they were going to remove the headliner and possibly the windshield to reseal everything, so this avoids having to do all that. But having more info on the wiring harness would take us straight to the fix. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Well, I got the Pilot back... I went to the dealer the other day to switch loaners and they told me the Pilot was fixed. I was skeptical. Service writer told me Honda corporate got back to them and had them do something with the infotainment connections in the rear of the vehicle. Once they did what Honda instructed, the noise was gone. They sent tech out to drive the vehicle. On a 15 mile trip, no popping. Tech got back with the car right after I got to the dealer. They ran it through the car wash and gave it back to me.

So far, so good. It's only been two days, but previously we heard the popping every time we drove the car. However, the case is still open at least for the time being. If the noise returns - they are replacing the harness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the cracking noise took it in the dealer heard it when took it for ride. Consulted Honda said replace harness. I have had it back for 3 days now no cracking at all. Will update again in month but so far so good.
Harness Part/FP number 32117-tg7-ag1

81 - 100 of 100 Posts