Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

301 - 320 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2021 Pilot special edition same problem with the crackling noise, any info on newer models?
I believe the Honda recall covers 2021 models as well. Link below:

·
Registered
253 Posts
The recall does not correct the audio problems. The recall applied software updates to the gauge cluster and Infotainment system to fix rear camera and gauge cluster errors. If you purchased your vehicle after 7/28/20, the recall TSB should have been worked prior to delivery. Honda released TSB A20-058 to correct audio problems by reworking connectors on the MOST bus network for 2019 - 2021MYs. TSB A21-012 extends the warranty on the connectors for 2019-2020 MYs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2021 Pilot special edition same problem with the crackling noise, any info on newer models?
Is yours the radical cracking sound that takes over the music or is your minor popping cracking and you can still hear the music.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good news another 3 months gone by and no popping so I believe what they did fixed it by replacing many of the most connectors and changing some cabling.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good news another 3 months gone by and no popping so I believe what they did fixed it by replacing many of the most connectors and changing some cabling.
I drove my 2021 SE 150 miles today. My crackling is not loud like the youtube videos I've seen. It's enough to be irritating though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is yours the radical cracking sound that takes over the music or is your minor popping cracking and you can still hear the music.
Still hear the music but it sounds like a CD that’s skipping, even makes the popping noise when I turn off the radio

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
33 Posts
Looks like I’m joining this club... At 9,500 miles my 2020 started getting the occasional pops/crackles. I haven’t had a single issue with the infotainment, the audio or the gauge cluster, but over the past two weeks I have had a few times that noise. When I get it it will go on uninterrumptedly until I turn off the engine.

For those of you that have had this issue: is it something that gets worse over time? Debating whether I should get it over with and take it to the dealer (I have a couple of videos to prove it), or wait until it gets worse.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks like I’m joining this club... At 9,500 miles my 2020 started getting the occasional pops/crackles. I haven’t had a single issue with the infotainment, the audio or the gauge cluster, but over the past two weeks I have had a few times that noise. When I get it it will go on uninterrumptedly until I turn off the engine.

For those of you that have had this issue: is it something that gets worse over time? Debating whether I should get it over with and take it to the dealer (I have a couple of videos to prove it), or wait until it gets worse.
Get if over with. I had to bring my car back twice. They spent 9 hours on it. It's fixed. Demand, nicely and loaner.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
33 Posts
Painless process. They didn't need/want to see the videos I had nor requested any additional details. The moment I said the word "cracks/snaps" they said there was a fix for it and they would have the car ready within 3 hours. They used the same parts as mentioned in this thread. So far so good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Painless process. They didn't need/want to see the videos I had nor requested any additional details. The moment I said the word "cracks/snaps" they said there was a fix for it and they would have the car ready within 3 hours. They used the same parts as mentioned in this thread. So far so good.
I thought that too. Then had to bring it back in 4 more times. I’m on #7 now and just got the car back. On #6, they completely tore the wiring out on from passenger front through to the third row panels on the passenger side. They had to take photos for Honda America tech line. Then They were directed to replace the amplifier. 2 days after I got it back, the screen went dark again the popping sound came back. This time, they replaced the tuner itself. I’m on day 3 now and crossing my fingers that it won’t be #8. I think I’ve put about 3000 miles on their courtesy vehicles since this all started. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I am happy to report that my '19 Elite has had no further signs of the infotainment gremlins since we had the 20-058 TSB fix done back in September.

·
Registered
23 Posts

I'll refer you to posting by "zroger73" from a month ago. In my case, the crackling definitely got worse until the infotainment system went out and a number of error messages. I'd suggest taking your vehicle in and should be no cost. Good luck and please report back!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here...no popping or shut-offs/reboots like it used to, except for an occasional quick pop during phone calls only. I'm going to ignore that for now. They've seem to also fixed a rattle behind my steering wheel...probably was a loose cable/connector.
Ate you still getting the bluetooth call pops? I still am. Are you using an android phone?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Holy Cow, this issue still exists.....I don't know why i still get emails from this forum, but one came in and i popped in to see what was up. I hope that the stereo issue has been resolved. Reading my experience here and my many old posts, i am reminded to not get the newly designed model of vehicle....Thus, I must wait a little longer, to replace the wife's ride. JGC-L if you must know.

Cheers to all, hope all are healthy in this new COVID-world.

Love Love Love the D....just wish that it had carplay, but that wasn't available in 2016

·
Registered
13 Posts
My problems do not end with popping and cracking. Periodically, I lose all audio to the system. XM, FM, Bluetooth, audio prompts from the nav system, the phone, everything. When it fails the display shows "No audio connection".

I'd say it's very likely that my problem is not the same as is supposed to be addressed by 20-058. From what I've seen in the bulletin, that service will probably address cars that are having the popping and crackling issue. I hope so! For me and my whole collection of problems, it did not address my issue of "No audio connection."
Did this ever get fixed? I have same issue and have had Pilot for 3 weeks. In shop, 3 times so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sadly, for me, the recommended fix was short lived and the issue gets worse with each trip to service. I bought my 2020 Pilot Elite in July of 2020 and noticed the cracking noise within the first 2 weeks of having the vehicle. When I called the dealership they said they were waiting for Honda to send them the parts needed to make the repair. Fortunately, at the time, I was only experiencing the crackling noises but my audio and display screens were still functioning. It was more of a minor irritation but long trips were enough to drive myself and passengers insane. The dealership finally received the parts in Oct 2020 and all was fine for awhile. In March of 2021 the cracking noises started again so I took another trip to service and all was fine again for a few weeks. This week the cracking noise is back with a vengeance but now the audio also cuts out completely and I get “radio unavailable” and “no audio connection” messages on the info screen. Most concerning, and possibly unrelated, is the collision sensor is now overly sensitive and the car has applied the brakes for no apparent reason. My next step is to open a claim with American Honda. Wishing you all luck with these issues. I hope you have more success than I have!

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's frightening. There have been 2 times I swear the brake was slammed down for no reason and way too harshly. I am getting no audio and no connection. Also code 6382 failed download. Brought it in two more times since yesterday. No idea what to do at this point.

301 - 320 of 325 Posts